• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miyamoto's New Game for the Wii U, Better Than the Zelda Series?

So I've heard from several places miyamoto is making a new game series. My first thoughts are what could it be? A first person shooter, platformer, rpg, racing, fighting, or adventure...

Than I thought, what if its another Zelda "like" adventure game. That plays the same way that Zelda does and has the same flow, but mature rated or still E rated, but made with ideas that he doesn't think would work with the Zelda series. Than I thought... What if his new adventure "zelda clone" game is B E T T E R than Zelda.... o_O

DEAR GOD! o_O what if?

PS. By the hounds of Anubis, my Mutiny is still going forward as planned! DOWN WITH THE CAKE BOSS!

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Muahaha! The mutiny shall begin soon!

Anyway, until Nintendo reveals some more, we can only speculate what this game might be. Nintendo has thousands of games out... so really it could be a new Zelda, or a Hello Kitty ABC adventure o_O

Honestly I'd love to see Miyamoto's take on a big RPG. Whatever it is, I think it'll be quite unique and hopefully very different from the other franchises he's created/worked on.

A huge budget RPG from Miyamoto/Nintendo that isn't Pokemon would be great. They don't really go into that genre much.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
A game better than Zelda, dude, you're like totally imploding my mind here...

My bet is also on the RPG. Perhaps similar to Zelda in the dungeon qualities of it, but with level advancement and more opportunities for upgrades.

Miyamoto though is definitely a family man. I can't imagine that he'd create a mature rated series. One could say that he may be doing so in order to be more competitive with the PS3 and 360 in gaining attention from the 18-25 audience, but c'mon. Last I checked, Wii has sold more than 30 million more consoles than the 360 worldwide (33 million more than PS3) and in the United States alone, Wii has sold almost the same amount as 360 and PS3 combined.

Let us rest assured that anything Miyamoto has up his sleeve in terms of a new franchise will most likely be a labor of love, rather than a powergrab at the world gaming industry. He's already at the top. He doesn't need to pull out any gimmicks or cliches in order to stay there.

One of the sources I found had Miyamoto saying he was looking for a whole new structure, so hopefully he sticks with that plan and we get a whole new franchise to love that is original in every way.

On the better than Zelda bit... we'll just see.

Somehow I doubt that the title will be an RPG. Why do most people believe that will be the genre of Miyamoto's upcoming title? He has very sparse experience in dealing with that genre...

Personally, I'd expect another platformer or action-adventure game. I'm willing to bet almost all of my rupees on action-adventure since Miyamoto is keen on that and most of his titles involve exploration to a greater or lesser degree.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would just like to see a restructure of the current zelda format. I have so many ideas for a fresh start that would keep it zelda. I would go into an extreme sadness and probably give up video games for a good year or two. I think that if Miyamoto wants to make a game "better than zelda" he should just put his ideas into zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom