• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miyamotos Favorite

What is Miyamoto's favorite game?

• Donkey Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario

• Starfox

• Ice Climbers

• The Legend of Zelda

• Kid Icarus

• Nintendogs

• Pikimin

• Total voters

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
We know that Shigeru Miyamoto is one of the best game producers of the world....

He has made:
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Super Mario
  • StarFox
  • Pikimin
  • Donkey Kong
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Nintendogs
And many others I cant remember... In all of these games Miyamoto has been a HUGE part of its development....
The question is, what is his favorite?

Could it be his first game, Donkey Kong? The infamous that brought him where he is now, Mario? Perhaps his most early release of inspiration,Pikimin? Or our beloved Zelda?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I belive, since it basically founded the company we all know and love and provides the biggest income, that Miyamoto's favorite is Super Mario.

It's a tricky question, I'll give you that. After thinking about it though, you really have to give props to the Super Mario Bros. series, it's pretty much the driving force behind Nintendo.

Last edited:
i think his favorite is The Legend of Zelda for obvious reasons. first off he tries to perfect each game he makes, second he spends more time on Zelda games than he does Mario games. just because Mario drives Nintendo doesn't mean its Miyamoto's favorite.

i think his favorite is The Legend of Zelda for obvious reasons. first off he tries to perfect each game he makes, second he spends more time on Zelda games than he does Mario games. just because Mario drives Nintendo doesn't mean its Miyamoto's favorite.

I wasn't exactly stating that Mario was his favorite. I was just giving the series props for being so successful. Mearly an opinion of my own, I suppose.

Like the actual topic at hand, Miyamoto's favorite might be completely different then what makes Nintendo successful. It could be Nintendogs for all we know, lmao.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I wouldn't know, not being him, but speaking as a creator of fictional worlds, myself... my favorite tends to be:

"The thing I was just working on/the last thing I worked on." or "The thing I am working on right now." And from what I've seen/read/heard from other artists/writers/creatives, that tends to be how they go. People's favorite creation tends to be whatever big thing they're currently working on.

My guess is, figure out what game series/new game he has in development/what is on his mind at any given moment - that one's probably his current favorite.

that statement you made was what i thought of at the last minute and i had to combat it, sorry.

Oh no problem! It was a tricky sentence I think. I should have mentioned I was speaking in terms of Nintendo, and what not. As to clear up any confusion, my first post was also my opinion as well.

When I think about it, Miyamoto has a foot in every game Nintendo develops, for the most part. It's without a doubt that he puts all the love and care he can offer when developing or directing a game. So in theory, any game created by the team could end up being a favorite of his, right? A sort of shared favoritism for the mass of all the games combined.

Being that he's a professional, I don't think Miyamoto would choose one of his series over another. I think he loves them all equally since his works are equal masterpieces. I think it'd be stupid to say the difference in success or time spent developing matters at all.

Couldn't agree more!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Being that he's a professional, I don't think Miyamoto would choose one of his series over another. I think he loves them all equally since his works are equal masterpieces. I think it'd be stupid to say the difference in success or time spent developing matters at all.
I have to disagree with you he hasn't made a new Starfox game in a long time.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I heard that there might only be one morr Star Fox game after the 3DS remake. Makes me kinda sad since there's so much potential in it too and it just got pushed to the side :/

Oh well if I had to guess it'd probably be Mario. He's been in the games since the begining as far as I know (He was Jump Man in DK) and has done a ton of work with the Mario series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom