• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Miyamoto does not want to tell us if Links usual green garb will return in BotW

image.jpeg Just going on a full nerd rant, but what I'd like to happen; Ganondorf defeated, credits roll. Upon rebooting the game Link is outside of Hyrule Castle, most of it in shambles. Link can go through and explore and find gear. Upon going into Zelda's chambers, Link can find the Hero's Clothes sitting on her dresser, similar to where they were first seen in Hyrule Warriors. The Hero's Clothes has impeccable defense, and negates snow and heat damage (except extreme heat, like being in the heart of a volcano) and resembles its appearance from TP and SS.

I'd also like the possibility of the 4 main dungeons (I'm assuming we have four, based off the rumors we've heard and the fact that there are four large spires pointing at Hyrule Castle, possibly serving as locking mechanisms) having 4 different variants of the Hero's Clothes that are incredibly hard to get, with their respective attires being:

> The Adult Hero of Time's Kokiri Tunic
> The Era of the Sky's Skyloftian Knight Tunic
> The Era of Twilight's Hero's Clothes
>The Era of Light and Dark's Hero's Clothes

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
They'll have it in the game. It'll be a rare collectible, I'm guessing. It won't be a necessary item, but what I guess is that it will be there for people who want to give Link that "classic" look.

Nah, that's just the actual screenshot I used from HW as a reference for how I think it should be found lol
Well you had me fooled :)

They'll have it in the game. It'll be a rare collectible, I'm guessing. It won't be a necessary item, but what I guess is that it will be there for people who want to give Link that "classic" look.
I think it'll either be a new game plus thing or the piece of clothing that has resistance to all weather types.

I suspect that like the master sword, it's a story item. I get the feeling this Link has already challenged Ganon and lost, which is the reason behind his "sleep". He was put into stasis to heal, but somehow forgotten after Ganon was sealed. So eventually you'll find the green outfit, but it'll be tattered and bloodstained or something like that.

What I think is interesting about the blue outfit however, is how much he still looks like the typical "Link", just wearing blue instead of green. Also the collar of some of the blue shirts looks like a Master Sword.

Salem

SICK
If he can't tell us, that's not his fault. Would you prefer they just tell us everything about the game right off the bat?
How did wanting an answer if one specif item of clothing will be in the game or not turn onto "you just want to know everything about the game".

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
How did wanting an answer if one specif item of clothing will be in the game or not turn onto "you just want to know everything about the game".
It didn't, I didn't say you did. I'm just saying there are certain things the developers can and can't say yet and that shouldn't be surprising or a problem. Calling him a jerk for something that's probably out of his control is kinda uncalled for. And "I can't say" is basically a yes anyway most of the time so there shouldn't be more to it than that.

Salem

SICK
It didn't, I didn't say you did.
Dude, yes you did.

Would you prefer they just tell us everything about the game right off the bat?

I'm just saying there are certain things the developers can and can't say yet and that shouldn't be surprising or a problem. Calling him a jerk for something that's probably out of his control is kinda uncalled for. And "I can't say" is basically a yes anyway most of the time so there shouldn't be more to it than that.
All it is one article of clothing that Link could wear in the game, that's all, why be secretive about that? Like come on, they already showed the Master Sword, Temple of Time, Epona etc. why can't he just admit it.

There's no cons for him, he's Miyamoto, it's isn't like the employees will revolt against him if he says "yeah it's in the game" or "nope".

Besides it doesn't matter, believe it or not, I don't care all that much, I just find non-answers from develops about minor mundane facts frustrating, I was just speaking my mind about it, that's all.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Dude, yes you did.

All it is one article of clothing that Link could wear in the game, that's all, why be secretive about that? Like come on, they already showed the Master Sword, Temple of Time, Epona etc. why can't he just admit it.

There's no cons for him, he's Miyamoto, it's isn't like the employees will revolt against him if he says "yeah it's in the game" or "nope".

Besides it doesn't matter, believe it or not, I don't care all that much, I just find non-answers from develops about minor mundane facts frustrating, I was just speaking my mind about it, that's all.
No, I didn't. Asking that isn't the same as saying that its what you want.

There may not be cons for him, but there are for us, the fans. Many people may not want to know yet, especially if it's tied to the plot. It'd be a spoiler and they have been very careful about spoiling thus far. Why stop now?

Salem

SICK
No, I didn't. Asking that isn't the same as saying that its what you want.
All it did id make you feel condescending or accusatory, I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but I that's what I felt.

There may not be cons for him, but there are for us, the fans. Many people may not want to know yet, especially if it's tied to the plot. It'd be a spoiler and they have been very careful about spoiling thus far. Why stop now?
I'm thinking about past Zelda games where Link doesn't begin with the green tunic, it's always already revealed before the game releases that he gets the green tunic as some point because most of the footage shows him wearing it. This is the only one that doesn't.

Besides, he already did in a roundabout way say "yes," what's annoying to me is that he said "yes" but at the same time cast doubt on it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
All it did id make you feel condescending or accusatory, I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but I that's what I felt.

I'm thinking about past Zelda games where Link doesn't begin with the green tunic, it's always already revealed before the game releases that he gets the green tunic as some point because most of the footage shows him wearing it. This is the only one that doesn't.

Besides, he already did in a roundabout way say "yes," what's annoying to me is that he said "yes" but at the same time cast doubt on it.
Yeah, that wasn't my intention at all. Sorry about that.

I see what you're saying, but thinking about it another way, this is the game that's breaking conventions. It's not like past Zelda games where we know that Link is the hero in green. So it's entirely possible that they could be doing something different with the green tunic this time around and that's why they aren't showing it, because showing it would probably be a spoiler in the same way that showing villages and other characters would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom