• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Miyamoto does not want to tell us if Links usual green garb will return in BotW

http://gamerant.com/new-zelda-link-green-tunic-miyamoto/
“I don’t know, but there are just a lot of clothes in this game. So maybe if we had green clothes people would want to wear it all the time. And yeah, with the variety of clothes you get, that this game offers, you can really customize your character. And I can’t really divulge too much more than this.”

People have asked the question and his answer is "can't say at this point in time"
He says I don't know but I think he knows, he designed the damn game with Aonuma and co. He knows, but does not not want us to know yet.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
http://gamerant.com/new-zelda-link-green-tunic-miyamoto/

People have asked the question and his answer is "can't say at this point in time"
He says I don't know but I think he knows, he designed the damn game with Aonuma and co. He knows, but does not not want us to know yet.
It's probably going to be one of those hard to get garments if it does appear or something you might get late in the story of the game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'll be honest, I don't think it matters much if it will be in the game or not. I have a feeling that it is, because of the way the devs are talking about it. The way they're being secretive makes me think that it is in the game. I imagine it would be endgame gear considering how iconic it is for the series. But if I'm being honest, I don't really care whether it's in the game or not. This is the game that is all about breaking conventions. And everything we've seen this far has been utterly amazing. The green tunic doesn't need to be in this one. Of course if it is I'm not gonna complain, but I'm not gonna complain if it's not either.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
The secretivity makes me think perhaps the tunic actually plays a big part of the story. Perhaps this even is the Hero of Time that failed in the Downfall Timeline and the reason we haven't seen evidence of the garbs is because he has not proven himself as the hero yet.

Though I don't think that's the case. Since I really feel this is either ALBW Link or LoZ/AoL Link.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd love it to be this super rare item. Make it out to be completely optional like you have with unique items in Skyrim or something. Another idea I had is that every garment of Link's is available (timeline wise) to get. It would be a nice throwback while adding to the exploration item-hunting the game is going for.

I think you'll get the iconic green tunic just before the final battle with Ganon. I think that's the point where Nintendo will want everything to start feeling really familiar for the player. I mean, there's no hiding the fact that this game is breaking a lot of the Zelda formula, so I think the ending will try and make up for that by giving the player a sense of familiarity. Heading for the final battle whilst wearing the green tunic, holding The Master Sword and Hylian Shield while Ganondorf's theme blares in the background... Yeah, that'll do nicely.

I'll be honest, I don't think it matters much if it will be in the game or not. I have a feeling that it is, because of the way the devs are talking about it. The way they're being secretive makes me think that it is in the game. I imagine it would be endgame gear considering how iconic it is for the series. But if I'm being honest, I don't really care whether it's in the game or not. This is the game that is all about breaking conventions. And everything we've seen this far has been utterly amazing. The green tunic doesn't need to be in this one. Of course if it is I'm not gonna complain, but I'm not gonna complain if it's not either.
Just like the Hylian Shield in SS. End game and only there to have that link to the previous Zelda games.

Djinn

and Tonic
I imagine it will be like the Hylian shield in SS where it just mimicked the older gameplay style.

In this game I would expect the green tunic to be some special all weather that ignores things like cold and hot climates like in the old games where that was not an issue.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I imagine it will be like the Hylian shield in SS where it just mimicked the older gameplay style.

In this game I would expect the green tunic to be some special all weather that ignores things like cold and hot climates like in the old games where that was not an issue.
In OOT you needed a red tunic to take the heat.
In SS you needed the special earrings to take the heat.
The green tunic has never been special it's usually just been the basic gear so I don't see why this time it should be given special powers it has never posessed and be anything more than cosmetic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The green tunic has never been special it's usually just been the basic gear so I don't see why this time it should be given special powers it has never posessed and be anything more than cosmetic.
I'm thinking that it probably just has some of the highest defense rather than special abilities.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Because it's endgame equipment just like the Repaired True Light Triple Threat Master Sword. Obviously it will be in the game.

Djinn

and Tonic
But you never needed anything to get around in snow like you do now. Even in WW Link roamed around in volcanoes and frozen mountains with no loss of health because it was cold or hot.

It looks like in this game you are going to have to change cloths a lot for each and every different climate you come across.

Dan

In game with this much customisation it's pretty obvious the green tunic will find itself somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom