• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Mixed Feelings...

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
Hey all, XskywardX is back! And to start off my like 15th return from being inactive on ZD, I want to tell you about how I feel about Hyrule Warriors.

I have mixed feelings about it, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it seems like an amazing game, and I'll probably play it; but it just doesn't seem like "Zelda" y'know? I get that it's a spin-off and whatnot, but they're making such a big deal of the it, almost like they're treating it like a part of the main series, which isn't right. Another thing I'm concerned about (I'm uninformed for the most part about the game, so if this is already answered, I apologize) is whether it will be Dynasty Warriors-like gameplay, Zelda-like gameplay, or a combination of both? Judging from the screenshots, I assume Dynasty Warriors-like gameplay; which I've never experienced before, so it will certainly be a strange experience for me. It will be a very familiar setting and have familiar characters, but a very strange and unfamiliar gameplay style. Lastly, how will the story play out? Will it go along with normal Zelda-esque? Or will it be completely different?

Thanks for the read, and tell me anything you can, opinions accepted!
~~Dlane_skyward

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah, it's Dynasty Warriors gameplay with the addition of Z targeting and useable items. These items are for combat though as there are no puzzles in Hyrule Warriors.
The story seems to revolve around a love triangle between Link Zelda and Cia (a big breasted witch who is corrupted by evil when her jealousy gets the better of her )
The story will also involve the use of spacetime portals, allowing characters from past games to return such as Midna, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Zant and Agitha (more will be announced before released )
There are also brand new characters made just for his game, Cia the black witch, Lana the white witch. There is also Valga and Wizro who are Cia's minions.
They are bound to make a big deal of it because it contains fan favourite characters and enemies from the Zelda series' biggest games. Even the moon from Majoras Mask is appearing!

Still not sold? I'll just leave his here then...
c3r5ql0__large.jpg

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think they're making a big deal about it because it's a spinoff. Not just any spinoff, but a spinoff that's a mix betwixt two huge franchises. It's a HUGE deal, mate.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Honestly something's putting me off too. I don't mind spin offs and the like, but yeah it's not like it's a main installment which advances the series.

When a new Zelda game comes out, of course the gameplay and whatnot interests me, but it's the story and lore that interests me most. I love to theorise, speculate and just get involved in all that pre release hype; however it's not the same. It's non canon so how it integrates into the universe doesn't interest me and the story, in this game specifically, seems all over the place. I get a that it's a celebration of the two series, but it just seems like too much going on for to to get remotely interested.

No doubt it looks cool, and I'd love to play it, it's just that I'm not interested in the whole story aspect and pre speculation hype.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have an idea

What if there's some really super secret thing about the game that gives them a reason to make a big deal about it?

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
Yeah, it's Dynasty Warriors gameplay with the addition of Z targeting and useable items. These items are for combat though as there are no puzzles in Hyrule Warriors.
The story seems to revolve around a love triangle between Link Zelda and Cia (a big breasted witch who is corrupted by evil when her jealousy gets the better of her )
The story will also involve the use of spacetime portals, allowing characters from past games to return such as Midna, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Zant and Agitha (more will be announced before released )
There are also brand new characters made just for his game, Cia the black witch, Lana the white witch. There is also Valga and Wizro who are Cia's minions.
They are bound to make a big deal of it because it contains fan favourite characters and enemies from the Zelda series' biggest games. Even the moon from Majoras Mask is appearing!

Still not sold? I'll just leave his here then...
View attachment 35948

Don't get me wrong, I certainly love a nice pair, if ya know what I mean. :right: But this is Nintendo for God's sake. You can't just throw an enormous pair of half-exposed breasts and expect everyone to be fine with it. Especially people (like me) who have been playing since the age of 2. I couldn't even hold the damn controller, I had to use it almost like a keyboard. OoT is the fist game I ever played, not just Zelda game, but any game. OoT helped teach me how to read. So it's certainly strange to find a pair like this in a Zelda game, lol.

But for God's sake, The game isn't even out yet, and people are already completely sexualizing her.

537eca9a4219e.jpg
c5e.jpg
hyrule-warriors-tits-or-gtfo-cia.jpg
And there's a few more examples of utter sexualization of this character I won't share here for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I see Hyrule Warriors as very similar to Mystic Heroes for the Gamecube. Just put in a few different weapons and Zelda themed sprites and you're done. I loved Mystic Heroes tons back in the day. So for me Hyrule Warriors is a must buy. I just hope I can get the TP skins.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I honestly have a hard time caring much about Cia when an amount of my childhood was spent being familiar with Twinrova, the Great Fairy, Veran, and what have you. Though I can see why people would be kind of an issue with it, but it doesn't bother me personally.

I'm not overly excited for Hyrule Warriors myself. I'll probably pick it up near release since I'm a fan of the franchise, but mindless hack-and-slash games have never been particular favorites of mine.

Yes, there are multiple character, bosses, weapons, and stages to add variety, not to mention the game's online mode, yet there doesn't seem to be much to warrant extended interest in the game. Even before release, the constant updates fail to enthrall me. Perhaps I'm wrong and Hyrule Warriors will go above the Dynasty Warriors standard and live up the hype Nintendo is creating; however, I sincerely doubt so at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom