• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mixed Athletic Events

This year's Tokyo Olympics introduced a number of mixed relay events for track and field and swimming with each team having two men and two women. Apparently this sort of mixed relay is becoming more common these past few years in the sporting world.

I enjoy the variety these events bring, but it is a bit jarring when one team starts with their men first, and then the lead looks insurmountable. I think these events would run better if it was men and women switching off every leg, so one leg is all men and another all women and so on.

I'm curious what your thoughts are on such events? Do you enjoy them or should men only compete with men and women with women?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I think the mixed relay is a cool idea, which opens up room for competition and strategy. Normally men vs women is unfair, hands down, but now it depends. Do you want to lead with the men? Finish with them? Lots of strategy that wouldn't be possible otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom