• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Mixed Arts of FirevsIce

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Thanks for the support everyone! :D I hope that my few weeks of inactivity and forgetting about the second writing competition is justified with this portrait. I don't remember how long it took. I started late last night and finished it not even an hour ago.

portrait_of_a_woman_by_firevsiceultimate-d7pyf5p.jpg

(I can't see this in the preview, so I hope it works for everyone else. *crosses fingers*)

That looks really awesome, Fire. I'm digging the depth of the eyes. I also like your hatch shading; it's really subtle and intricate. I'm guessing you had a reference photo for this? If anything, I'm thinking you could probably bring out the jawline a little bit, it looks like it's receding too far back toward the neck. Just a quick scribble in powerpoint to hepl visualize, dunno something like this, maybe:

86882e1d30.png

But, yeah, this is great. ZD needs more realism. Good job. =)

Firice da Vinci

That looks really awesome, Fire. I'm digging the depth of the eyes. I also like your hatch shading; it's really subtle and intricate. I'm guessing you had a reference photo for this? If anything, I'm thinking you could probably bring out the jawline a little bit, it looks like it's receding too far back toward the neck. Just a quick scribble in powerpoint to hepl visualize, dunno something like this, maybe:

86882e1d30.png

But, yeah, this is great. ZD needs more realism. Good job. =)
Thanks, Mandy! My art class suggestested that shading should be done with hatching and cross-hatching to get a feel on how the hand moves. I guess it makes the drawing more personal. I had a reference for a portion of the time. Since I love da Vinci so much, I decided to shade the face similarly to the Mona Lisa - you can really only tell around the eyes - but the proportions and placement of features is all from imagination. Noe that I look at it, the chin is too far over to the left. I think I was focused too much on trying to make it look like a double chin that I forgot about construction principles. Thanks for pointing that out! C:

And I am going to be drawing realistically from now on after becoming Leonardo da Vinci's next student. Now I'm off to study more anatomy and paintings from the Old Masters. ~Squee!

Fig

The Altruist
I am really impressed by this Fire! I could have first sworn that at first glance that this a digital version of your artwork, but this is from your very own hands?!?! This is incredible Fire! I really do love the details and aesthetics of your latest installment! As Mandy said earlier, I think think you just needed to adjust the chin and formation of the lower section of the face and it would be much better. While I may not know a whole bunch of art, I think it is swell that you admire Da Vinci and that you try your very best to use him as a reference when creating your art! It's great to have a reference why creating your own art! I do hope to see more art from you in the near future because they really are good pieces of art!

Fig

The Altruist
Nice artwork Fire! Personally, I think her under chin is a little to large for her, but I an definitely say that your skills in drawing the human anatomy has improved in simply the last art that you made! Keep up the great work as I'm sure you are going to be do even better as you keep on improving your artistic talents! :yes:

Firice da Vinci

I think I managed to make a decent chin, but I still need to study more anatomy and Leonardo drawings. I tried to play around with facial proportions; not sure how well it turned out.

study_of_a_woman_s_face_by_firevsiceultimate-d7r3u9y.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom