• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mistake books...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Have you read a book, then been like hmmm this didnt finish properly, then you find its a whole series??

I did this pre-internet (i know the Internet dodnt exist years back!!) With tje wheel of time series i read the 2 rivers one and never realised it was part of a series until recently with all the tv promos...

When I was younger, I'd go to used bookstores and pick out books based on how cool their spines looked, and a lot of them ended up being the second or third book in a series. If I liked them, I'd go back and go look for the first book. I generally was unphased by reading books out of order in series as a kid because my school library always had them checked out, and you'd just settle for whatever was available.

As for the more common, finding out a book is the first in a series, for me it's usually that I find something interesting in a new release or emerging authors section, and find out years later after finishing the book, that it had become a series, at which point I may or may not remember enough about the first book to bother reading the rest of it.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
It was supposed to be a trilogy, it even says so on the first book, but the author realized he needed one more book to properly finish it
Yea i was so confused when my bro oh theres q new one in the inheritance cycle??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom