• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Missing Piece of Heart in Wind Waker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I am new around here as I found this place while playing Ocarina of Time last year.

Decided to join the forum to ask for your help: I am playing Wind Waker right now (specifying that I am playing the Game Cube version) and I am missing one piece of heart.

I have gone through the whole list of locations several times and for the life of me I cannot figure out why I am missing one.

I read through the whole walkthrough that this site provides, and I have done everything there was to be done. I completed the savage labyrinth last night and then went back to Orca (whom I had not challenged yet) to do that thinking it was the one piece I was missing. After defeating Orca, it said I still needed one piece of heart. Read the whole walkthrough again to double check. Then went to the heart piece location list this site also provides and checked again. Retraced my steps and everything is done.

I don't get it.

What could I be missing?

Yes I did the auction and both of Salvator's minigames.

I figured maybe I forgot to get sunken chest after defeating big octos; but when I went back I found no light rings; which I could only imagine means I did indeed bring them up.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm only suggesting this one due to the fact that this was my final piece that I was missing, but have you got the one where you take control of the seagull and hit the switch?

Have you done all of the trading sequence? There's a heart piece on there somewhere.
Have you done the watering the deku trees mini quest for a heart piece?

Those are two I missed first time around before I had a guide.

Oh yes. Took me a while to hit that switch too because I have a hard time controlling the seagull he he.

I have also completed the trading sequence and watered the deku trees.

I went through the whole list to double check and everything is done.

Is it possible I may have lost the ones from Big Octo and simply can't find the treasure it left behind?

Well, I read somewhere this post from someone who said you just can't miss any of these heart pieces. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but I am now proof that it is indeed possible.

I went through the entire list more than a dozen times. Out of options, I took to the game and went to every single location TWICE to make sure everything was done. Only thing I can no longer check is those damned big octos: because I have defeated them, they no longer appear. And since there are no rings of light, I have no idea where to check to make sure I have the treasure they are suppose to have left behind.

Out of sheer frustration, I have decided this would be the one Zelda game I must finish without all the heart pieces. :(

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I heard somewhere that if you missed the Heart Piece from the Big Octos, you can go to Rock Spire and sink the Battle Ships to retrieve the last PoH. Not sure if there's any truth in this, I'd try it out though.

If not, here's some additional tips that could help you:

- Have you hit Orca (the old guy on Outset Island) 500 times?
- Have you spoke to the lighthouse guy after you've lit the lighthouse? If you speak to him at night time he will give you PoH - this is a common one that people miss.
- Make sure to sink all the battleships, one of them has a PoH.
- There's someone who collects Joy Pendents (forgot her name). You need to give her twenty.

Last edited:
Well today I have good news and bad news.

I have confirmation that my missing piece is due to the mail sorting game, since Baito is still wandering outside trying to get in. I had not realised I had to achieve this task twice.

Bad news is,,, I am still trying to sort the mail and can't get past 22.

Oh well, I made it before once, proof being Baito is outside. So eventually I'm sure I'll get it again. At least I know where the PoH is now ;)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
No problem, I know I had a lot of problems trying to get the last Piece of Heart, lol.

I'll close this thread now, good luck by the way ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom