• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Missing Features and Usergroups - Suggestions?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I support this. I quite enjoyed things like the username and usertitle customizations that we had before, and I'm sad to see them go. It would be cool to see something like that added to the new forum as well.

Also, thanks for the shoutout Thar. :senpaipls:

Kybyrian

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Put HK/HN down except for a Retired Staff or similar badge of honor; allow for Clans (it's an easy feature that is also easily regulated by a general Clan moderator or series of clan moderators); introduce "member of the week/month" awards (it will have to be rotated fairly regularly; I'm thinking monthly because ZD has quite a few active members, maybe not)...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm really iffy on customisable user names. We wanted to start new here and keep things simple, that's why we went with no colours for staff and just bolding. I saw a lot of complains over not being able to see names properly and general messiness with he Vb shop customisable usernames. Saying that, I'm not even sure if that could be readded anyway on Xenforo.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
When I went to the shoutbox tab it said "Unresponsive script" and then Firefox crashed.
Might just be a problem on my end, but i though i'd still say it.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member

Whilst it great to finally have this feature back, it's currently not working for the Social Forums.

Also, the Elder Award is missing from the medals list and I think the icon for the Gold Skulltula hunt is not right either. I remember it resembling... well a gold skulltula and not so much a ribbon.

EDIT:
vB also had the option to allow us to view our profiles from the point of view of another member which made keeping track of privacy settings a lot easier. I would really appreciate a similar feature being added to Xenforo.

I've also just noticed that when not using the rich text editor in order to see the BB Code, you can't hit ctrl+B, U, I as a hotkey. Can this be fixed at all?

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
On vB, there was the ability to toggle the amount of posts seen per page in a thread (I used to have mine set to 50). Would it be possible to add back a feature like this?

In regard to an overhaul of the Forum Volunteer rank, I think it would streamline the process if we had the permissions required to lock or sticky a thread and also the ability to send out the medals, as Heroine Of Time has brought up a few times in the past. This way those of us without mod permissions don't have to constantly bother the mods to do this for us.

Also, perhaps a thread should be started to help with the missing BB Code project. I'm sure different users will notice different BB Code missing as some users use some of the more obscure code more commonly than others.

Finally, is an arcade a viable feature we can add at some point? I quite liked Jimmy's Arcade Tournaments and I'd hate to see them end after only 7 rounds.
I'm not sure about the first one, it's probably possible. For the second one, I think we will make forum volunteers have sticky and lock abilities in their respective forums, and probably also the ability to give medals. An arcade is viable, but at the moment we are more focused on the core features.

When you post in a thread, it posts it in the shoutbox. You can edit the "
_____ replied to thread ______" Box the same way you can edit a normal chat message. Not sure if this is an error, or by design but thought I'd mention it.
Yeah, just how it's set up. Not sure it's a big deal, however.

If at all possible, enabling the color tags for usertitles would be a cool feature. Since we no longer have the vBshop or distinctive username colors, I think that everyone should be able to edit their usertitles manually so that "Sloth Lord 5000" or "The game is on!" may appear as such. The only setback I can foresee is that some color patterns might be unreadable on certain forum themes.

Would be neat to have bold, italics, underline, etc. added as additional features for usertitle customization.
Kit and I will consider the viability of this for sure.

Whilst it great to finally have this feature back, it's currently not working for the Social Forums.

Also, the Elder Award is missing from the medals list and I think the icon for the Gold Skulltula hunt is not right either. I remember it resembling... well a gold skulltula and not so much a ribbon.

EDIT:
vB also had the option to allow us to view our profiles from the point of view of another member which made keeping track of privacy settings a lot easier. I would really appreciate a similar feature being added to Xenforo.

I've also just noticed that when not using the rich text editor in order to see the BB Code, you can't hit ctrl+B, U, I as a hotkey. Can this be fixed at all?
Not sure why it's working on other forums but not social ones, honestly. Elder Award was removed because it doesn't fit the "medals" on XenForo. It will possibly be re-instated as a trophy, but the only issue is literally hundreds of inactive users had the Elder Award; it seems to have lost its purpose on a site as old as ZD.

I'll look into the other two things. We are really focusing on getting regular things working at the moment, though.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
If you visit your profile page (at least, my profile page) the followers and followed sections have a small bug. The amount of followers and followed people you have is one higher than the actual number.

Kybyrian

On vB, there was the ability to toggle the amount of posts seen per page in a thread (I used to have mine set to 50). Would it be possible to add back a feature like this?
I'm not sure about the first one, it's probably possible.

It's not possible in Xenforo by intentional design. The thread URLs in Xenforo are designed so the post number anchor is incorporated with the page number (which means links wouldn't direct to the right posts between separate users). Rightfully there should be a way to design it so threads don't work like this, but the Xenforo developers have said that they design it like this intentionally and they believe there are drawbacks to doing it another way and never plan to make posts-per-page a customizable user option. The only way to change the number of posts seen per page is globally through the ACP.

Yeah, Social Forums aren't technically a forum, they're part of the social groups feature. I'm sure the plugin could be modified to support it, but... someone would have to figure that out.

As far as I know, you can't do this... which is inconvenient. I looked at xenforo support and only one person's asked the question, but didn't really get an answer. It would also be nice if it didn't remove the formatting buttons from the editor altogether, but instead put the BBCode in when clicking them instead. But alas, doesn't look like there's a way to do it.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Some forums have an elder title, or just a header under the username that says "Elder" (or something along those line). I think we could go down that route instead of making it an award.

Kybyrian

I figured this is the best place this should go. Not really a missing feature, but probably something that should be taken care of anyway.

One of the Community Coordinators or Admins (probably community coordinator, I'm sure the admins have enough on their hands and it seems like more of a community coordinator thing to do) should go through the Forums Tutoral/FAQ forum and update/remove some outdated threads, such as the policy regarding custom user banners thread, forum tutorial with the screenshots from the old forums from Mosley, introduction to the blogs system, etc. since those features/layouts are no longer available. Some should just be removed, but things like the Forum FAQ I'm sure someone could go through and update appropriately with the same information using the new forum software.

I figured this is the best place this should go. Not really a missing feature, but probably something that should be taken care of anyway.

One of the Community Coordinators or Admins (probably community coordinator, I'm sure the admins have enough on their hands and it seems like more of a community coordinator thing to do) should go through the Forums Tutoral/FAQ forum and update/remove some outdated threads, such as the policy regarding custom user banners thread, forum tutorial with the screenshots from the old forums from Mosley, introduction to the blogs system, etc. since those features/layouts are no longer available. Some should just be removed, but things like the Forum FAQ I'm sure someone could go through and update appropriately with the same information using the new forum software.

I moved the old Forum FAQ, the blog tutorial, the policy regarding custom user bars, and a few other threads to the trash subforum. The FAQ should definitely be remade for the current forums. Thanks for the heads up.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'm really iffy on customisable user names. We wanted to start new here and keep things simple, that's why we went with no colours for staff and just bolding. I saw a lot of complains over not being able to see names properly and general messiness with he Vb shop customisable usernames. Saying that, I'm not even sure if that could be readded anyway on Xenforo.

Now everyone looks the same in the new Shoutbox (at least staff colors added SOME visual variety).

Kybyrian

I don't really care about visual variety. And as far as differentiating staff from normal users, the "Staff online now" feature of xenforo is actually really useful for that. In posts, it's obvious by the banner. I honestly wouldn't mind one way or the other if custom colors came back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom