• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Missing Features and Usergroups - Suggestions?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Hey there, there are a few things you might notice are missing. We had a lot of trouble importing the VMs, so I believe all of the ones post April 13, 2013 are gone. We are also working on getting the medals working, some of the medals like the post count one will be handled with trophy points, a new XenForo feature. Groups we are going to work on maybe readding later.

You will notice none of you have your old usergroups, we are planning on reworking those entirely. Essentially, usergroups imported extremely poorly and we thought that it was a good way to rework them. At the moment, we are thinking it might be nice for everyone to be in 1 usergroup, maybe 2 at the most. As you can see, we have done away with username colors entirely, making staff have bold usernames instead. Hylian Knight and Hylian Noble are completely gone right now, whether they will make a return in the future I can't say for sure, but we will certainly play with the Clan idea many users, notably Matt, have suggested many times in the past. We are thinking we will still have the Forum Volunteer group, and perhaps still have some of the old groups as well. Please give us time to work out the kinks.

Please use this thread to bring up any missing features, and any suggestions about usergroups. Please use the other designated threads for other suggestions.

Thanks.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I think HN and HK should be left alone. As for other user groups, let's see what happens and if they are needed or wanted, then let's readd them.

I'd really love to see something come of clans, but I think we need time. We already did a trial run, but that was more of an event. The one thing we don't want is for clans to be there just to, well, be there. They need to benefit the community in some way. I mean that's the grand goal here.

I always took clans as a place to just go to and post anything. It would be a more laidback subforum to talk about anything.

The main issue I see is the size of the community. I'd say there should be three clans max. There was already a problem with the ORAS clan test, but as JC said, that's an event. Plus, most people are here for Zelda, not Pokémon.

Regarding Article Writer, the Article Center hasn't been used in the longest time. The usergroup can be read did if articles are ever posted again regularly. I don't see an issue with bringing back Wiki Scribe, and I agree with Forum Volunteer returning.

Pen

The game is on!
I don't know if this counts as a missing feature, but it seems we can no longer upload avatars with as large a size as we previously could. I just tried uploading an avatar that I used to have before, but the forums wouldn't let me change to it.

Jamie

I don't know if this counts as a missing feature, but it seems we can no longer upload avatars with as large a size as we previously could. I just tried uploading an avatar that I used to have before, but the forums wouldn't let me change to it.
Should be fixed.

Jamie

Is there going to be a way to get our VMs back?
Possibly. I have some ideas to troubleshoot the issue but I can't make any guarantees. Sincerely apologize for this, but we still believe the move is overall beneficial.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
On vB, there was the ability to toggle the amount of posts seen per page in a thread (I used to have mine set to 50). Would it be possible to add back a feature like this?

In regard to an overhaul of the Forum Volunteer rank, I think it would streamline the process if we had the permissions required to lock or sticky a thread and also the ability to send out the medals, as Heroine Of Time has brought up a few times in the past. This way those of us without mod permissions don't have to constantly bother the mods to do this for us.

Also, perhaps a thread should be started to help with the missing BB Code project. I'm sure different users will notice different BB Code missing as some users use some of the more obscure code more commonly than others.

Finally, is an arcade a viable feature we can add at some point? I quite liked Jimmy's Arcade Tournaments and I'd hate to see them end after only 7 rounds.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Is it possible to add back in the ability to double click on a forum icon to mark it as "read" from the main forum page? I didn't realise how much I used this feature until today when I couldn't use it.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
When you post in a thread, it posts it in the shoutbox. You can edit the "
_____ replied to thread ______" Box the same way you can edit a normal chat message. Not sure if this is an error, or by design but thought I'd mention it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If at all possible, enabling the color tags for usertitles would be a cool feature. Since we no longer have the vBshop or distinctive username colors, I think that everyone should be able to edit their usertitles manually so that "Sloth Lord 5000" or "The game is on!" may appear as such. The only setback I can foresee is that some color patterns might be unreadable on certain forum themes.

Would be neat to have bold, italics, underline, etc. added as additional features for usertitle customization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom