• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Missed Opportunity?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I kind of randomly thought of this at school, but I think it would have been a good idea Nintendo should have done. Remember when you're going up Death Mountain and to get into to Goron Mines you had to wrestle the Goron Elder? Well I was just kind of thinking that they could have done a good mini-game off of the wrestling thing. They really only used it for that section of the game and I found it kind of fun. What do you think? Do you think Nintendo should have done something like this?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I've actually thought of this before. I mean, they create this whole sumo wrestling system, but you only get to do it twice? They should've added to it.

Well the wrestling itself was pretty straitforward and simple, so they'd have to add in some interesting details to make it a mini-game. But yes, I do enjoy mini games in Zelda. I usually spend a few hours playing most of the mini games in Zelda because they're so dang fun!

One that really sticks out in my mind is the SS mini game that resembled Mineswiper. The fact that you could gamble in a Zelda game was awesome! I lost many rupees the day I discovered it, though :(.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Well the wrestling itself was pretty straitforward and simple, so they'd have to add in some interesting details to make it a mini-game.

No you wouldn't. Many mini-games in the Zelda series are equally straightforward. Just look at all the shooting ones in which you just have to shoot targets/objects/enemies with a time limit and sometimes having to avoid shooting certain things.

MW7

Yeah I thought it was crazy that they introduced a cool game like that and then prevented you from playing it outside of the two times in the main quest. It was a really dumb omission; especially considering that another quest mini-game (the Yeti snowboarding) was turned into a mini-game you could play whenever.

Maybe it's just that I'm older now, but I've noticed tons of little things like this in the last two console releases that make me wonder whether anyone at Nintendo has common sense.

No you wouldn't. Many mini-games in the Zelda series are equally straightforward. Just look at all the shooting ones in which you just have to shoot targets/objects/enemies with a time limit and sometimes having to avoid shooting certain things.

And those mini-games are equally as boring as the sumo wrestling would be if it was just as simple as what it was in the game :P

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is definitely something that could have been done. I can see the rounds growing harder until we made our way up to Darbus, beat him, and net a Heart Piece, or some other premium. Indeed it would be pretty aboveboard, but it would've been of more worth than the Gorons standing around all day. Also, I could see the matches being both symbolic and celebratory of Darbus overcoming his monstrous transforming (and in effect he'd be recognized as the champion of that while Link neutrally gets pushed aside).

I've actually thought of this before. I mean, they create this whole sumo wrestling system, but you only get to do it twice? They should've added to it.

The Goron Mini-Boss battle is close enough to be considered part of the sumo-wrestling system, I think. :)

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I think it would've beeny funny as a mini game. I had it in my mind that it would be after I beat Goron Mines and was disappointed when it wasn't. :S

I thought it was interesting enough as it was. You essentially spend the first 2-3 hours of the building up to it (the goat incident, the actual wrestling, the volcano mini-boss) that I didn't miss it once it was over and done. I saw it more as a story element than a mini-game.

yeah you're right, it really ties in with the goron mine bosses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom