• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

mirror shield and other things in minish cap, completely useless?

The many useless items in Minish Cap are fun to play with, so I call them "Toys". The mirror shield was fun to kill octoroks with. Remote bombs annoyed me. They were an upgrade, as they added more accuracy when attacking enemies, but I hated it when blowing up walls, I kept forgetting that you have to press the button twice.

Anyway, no matter how useless, those "toys" are very fun to mess around with. :)

The mirror shield seems useless most of the time.
I only use it when I'm surrounded by Wizzrobes.
The magic boomerang is one of the best boomerangs IMO.
And the light arrows...
I never use arrows, so I don't know.
But I have light arrows. :P

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
The Magical Boomerang and Light Arrows are actually quite handy, I used them a lot and got them both on my first run-through. ^^
I guess the mirror shield is just something for you to have 100% and for when you are bored after you beat the game.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
yeah you have to let the biggoron eat your sheild. yeah i'd say the mirror sheild is pointless. but i found it fun going back after i completed the game and finding the mirror sheild. and not only that, its beautiful. its the best design of mirror sheild without a doubt. similar to that of TWW but better shaped and amazing. and not only that, it actually looks like a mirror. not like that **** in LTTP which is pretty much just the same shield as the standard one but red or something. i love the mirror sheild in MC

ah and the light arrows are pretty damn cool aswell. but it is very annoying that you can miss them. i actually played the whole game through again just because i had missed them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah and the light arrows are pretty damn cool aswell. but it is very annoying that you can miss them. i actually played the whole game through again just because i had missed them lol.

Yeah, that happened to me.
I started over the game just to get the light arrows.
And angelkid, please don't double post; you're not supposed to.
It's against the rules.
Just letting you know.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I thought that you had to get the magical boomarang to get past a part in the wind temple. That is how I got past the temple because there is a part where you need to hit a switch but your regular boomarang can't reach and you can't shoot it with an arrow

But however I do agree even though I haven't got the mirror sheild it sounds to be practicly useless. But that funny watching an octorok shoot you with a rock and then you deflect it and get's killed.:lol:
(I think it's suicidal, hahaha!)

And the light arrows you get form saving the guy in the top floor of that house before you can get to the wind temple, by using your gust jar to suck up the bad omen and then you talk to him and he gives you the most helpful item in the game beside the four sword (or that is my opinion).

Ahh, yes. I still don't know exactly how I'm supposed to get the Mirror Shield, but when I first played through the game I missed my chance to get the Light Arrows, so I had to start over and play through it again to get it... :sweat:

The Mirror Shield sounds pretty useless. All it does is reflect magic attacks, and that has barely any use even if you were to acquire it at the beginning. At the end it's... useless. I haven't actually gotten it, mind you, but I don't really see it being any other way.

The Light Arrows were odd in that there was a point where they could no longer be acquired. I actually hated that. Never in the history of Zelda has that happened. I blame it on Capcom doing the game. Anyway, aside from that, I had no problem with them. They were a cool addition, little charge-up arrows, and I found them quite useful, especially against the Gibdos in the Palace of Winds and Dark Hyrule Castle.

And the Magic Boomerang? I loved that thing. Sure it was a bit of a pain to collect, but all you needed to do was find all the Tingle brothers. It wasn't that bad. And it was a great item. Not only did it have twice as much reach, but it could be controlled mid-flight, which was cool because it more closely resembled the Boomerang in the 3D Zeldas (and that's one thing I loved about Minish Cap, how it was a 2D Zelda incorporating many elements of the 3D games).

I always like, in Zelda, having special optional items or upgrades, so I enjoyed these. It was a little disappointing at times how few opportunities you got to use them, but that's really my only problem with it. I can understand complaints about the Mirror Shield though. That's... kinda lame... -.-

The many useless items in Minish Cap are fun to play with, so I call them "Toys". The mirror shield was fun to kill octoroks with. Remote bombs annoyed me. They were an upgrade, as they added more accuracy when attacking enemies, but I hated it when blowing up walls, I kept forgetting that you have to press the button twice.

Anyway, no matter how useless, those "toys" are very fun to mess around with. :)

i found remote bombs very usefull in the part with 3 darknuts at once right before vatti. plant a remote bomb, wait for the darknuts to be between you an the bomb, set the bomb and they get stunned , damaged ant launched right into your sword.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
i managed to get all upgrade and i would like to say that the mirror shield can be conidered a part of the goron sidequest for the fourth bottle (had to trade with mysterious walls), it is only obtained after killing Vaati but it isnt 100% useless maybe 99% useless because it is handy for removing annoying octorocks. the light arrow you need to trade with the traveler in castler town market and t will open a portal to the wind tribeshouse where you can get rid of the guys ghost and once you return before you enter the place of wind you can get them a fairly late item but is very usefull. i found the magic boomerang not ver helpfull (mainly coz i use arrow soooo much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom