• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

mirror shield and other things in minish cap, completely useless?

Z

ZeroJinKui

well, im almost at the end of the game, and i've heard of quite a few things in it that i havent come across yet, one being the mirror shield...

so i read about how to get it, and apparently it can only be received AFTER you beat the game... um.. who needs it at that point, seriously?

theres also a couple other things im wondering about in this game, i've heard you can get light arrows in the game, and read about how to get them, apparently you have to do something early in the game and you receive them later... does this mean i've missed my chance at them? and why are they so out of way... another useless item, i suppose?

and the magical boomerang, i cant remember what you needed to do to get that... fusing kinstones with tingle and his brothers i think is what i read...

in most other games the mirror shield and light arrows would be a absolutely required to get past a certain point, but they seem like just little extras to pass a few minutes in this game... and the magic boomerang seems like a real pain to get for a little extra reach...

i guess im just confused about these things being so easy to miss and why they're even in the game at all, never seen so many useless inventory items in a zelda game before, sure some games have items that become useless after they serve their purpose, but these things never had a purpose to begin with apparently. >.>

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes, its a real pain that the shield is a inventory item. heck even the sword is a inventory item. Why doesn 't link just carries his shield like Alttp. really bad move from nintendo or capcom.

But its not the items, it the lack of equip buttons. it has only two equip buttons, and you always use your sword, so that makes 1 equip button.
in Alttp you also have 1 equip button, but at least you can use your shield and pegasus boots all the time.

yes to get the magical boomerang, you have to fuse kingstones with the 4 tingles brothers. its not that hard. and the boomerang is also pretty handy. its not just the range that is upgrated, but also you can curve/steer the boomerang.

The Mirror Sheild is Useless. But the light arrow do come in handy if you Free the guy from the demon. You don't have to do the thing to get the light arrows too early in the game. Just do it before you get to the real Wind Palace. And like Oni said, the Bommarang is really handy.

Yes, the Mirror Shield is basically useless. I see at as one of those things that you have to do to get 100%. Although it is kind of fun standing in front of an octorok with it out, and then watching it shoot a rock at you, and get zapped =D.

The Magical Boomerang is actually quite handy, I think, and it's not hard to get. I thought it was pretty cool being able to influence the direction of it after you throw.

The light Arrows were also pretty cool. If they hit one thing, they just keep going until they hit something solid, like a wall or an enemy that it doesn't affect. It also does a bit more damage, I'm pretty sure.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The mirror shield is useless, and ugly, i think it is the worst mirror shield design... And if it was received before Vaati, it could have been useful, but in that way, i don't think so... Also, the Magical Boomerang was pretty useful, just like it's Oracle of Seasons version, being able to "guide" it is awesome

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The mirror shield is useless, and ugly, i think it is the worst mirror shield design... And if it was received before Vaati, it could have been useful, but in that way, i don't think so... Also, the Magical Boomerang was pretty useful, just like it's Oracle of Seasons version, being able to "guide" it is awesome

Oh yes, thats the only time that the mirror shield comes handy, the fight against vaati. but like you said, why after the game? But i like the design, its just the same design as in TWW. But yeah in TWW at least the design matched with the design of the master sword.

But about the buttons, they could have simply made the A or B button the standard sword button, and at the same the the action button like in most zelda games. rolling is pretty a ussless thing if you ask me (especialy in 2d).

And that the other A or B button was the equip button.

and about the R button, they could have either made is standard button for the pegasus boots (like in Alltp its automaticly always equiped). Or hack they could made a standard shield button or also a equip button.

but still, as i said before, i would have liked it better that link was also holding its shield.

mewtwolord

Hello World
i really think the mirtor sheild the magic boomerang and the last skill are useless because you really wouldnt get them untill you kill vatti

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Magical Boomerang is not useless, it is pretty useful, imo, specially in the Palace of the Winds and Dark Hyrule Castle... but the mirror shield made me hate the game for a couple of days!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
All and all Minish Cap is quite strange. To much kinstones as I guess I have stated before. And the Mirror Shield is a mistake if is true that you can only obtain it after beating the game (I never got it).

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
I got the mirror shield and it was too much work to get it, because I never used it. But I did find the magic boomerang very helpful. It was a way to save arrows when you had to hit switches.

M

mamu mamu

Yes, its a real pain that the shield is a inventory item. heck even the sword is a inventory item. Why doesn 't link just carries his shield like Alttp. really bad move from nintendo or capcom.

But its not the items, it the lack of equip buttons. it has only two equip buttons, and you always use your sword, so that makes 1 equip button.
in Alttp you also have 1 equip button, but at least you can use your shield and pegasus boots all the time.

yes to get the magical boomerang, you have to fuse kingstones with the 4 tingles brothers. its not that hard. and the boomerang is also pretty handy. its not just the range that is upgrated, but also you can curve/steer the boomerang.

ummmmm...... isn't that how it was with most handheld zelda's? why would they make minish cap any different? :hmm:

^No need to correct you sir, it has been discussed the whooole thread so far to be the way you said.

Myself, all I was told was that I needed to talk to the big Goron, he never gave it to me, my friend never understood why. Now I am having a good laugh realizing this. XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom