• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the cringiest of all?

Which has the most braindead content?

• YouTube Shorts

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tik Tok

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Instagram reels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend

I'm very grateful that tiktok is banned here
I'd say yt shorts<TikTok<Instagram reels

YT and ig would be better off without these features

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
No, TikTok was recently added as an embed option. There's nothing "cringe" about any of them, it's just a content style that doesn't appeal to everyone. And just because a video is uploaded to a certain platform doesn't mean it's automatically "bad." I will agree that some of the humor/videos can seem dumb to me, but I knew someone at work who loved TikTok and so I know that there's people that enjoy it, and knowing her helped me to learn to pick up on the interests of others.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I feel like youtube shorts is probably the very worst at the moment because it's mostly just a bunch of bad minecraft videos/mobile games ads/weird drawings/stuff ripped straight outta asian tiktoks or mr beast's content/"satisfying" videos

instagram reels has a bit of a better algorithm and more original content than youtube

cant really say much about tiktok though, never really tried it out

Ninja

Well well well
YouTube shorts is definitely the most unpolished.

My daughter and I have a channel with a large following and we’ve been able to do sponsorships, product contracts, and some incredible opportunities to give back and do some nice charity work. The TikTok algorithm definitely needs some work however it’s pretty easy to discourage the app from showing you videos you don’t like by long-pressing.

All platforms have the opportunity to be cringey but there’s some real hidden gems and genuinely wholesome channels if you are persistent.

I’d like some extra “filtering” options to suggest more videos towards my liking. Not everyone wants to be flooded with random dancing for likes and attention but alas, it’s an easy avenue for those kind of people to succeed.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
I feel like youtube shorts is probably the very worst at the moment because it's mostly just a bunch of bad minecraft videos/mobile games ads/weird drawings/stuff ripped straight outta asian tiktoks or mr beast's content/"satisfying" videos

instagram reels has a bit of a better algorithm and more original content than youtube

cant really say much about tiktok though, never really tried it out
Agreed. Atleast Instagram figured out what I wanted to see. One sec I was watching a kollywood shorts and the next second it was some Chinese herbal enema kit advert

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
the thread title do be kinda cringe af but that was maybe a bit rude
:ezlo:

youtube shorts are actually really good
as a feature or in certain specific channels? sure
for browsing through? nah

I'm very grateful that tiktok is banned here
why's that though? you being grateful I mean, although I'm curious as to why it was banned too

just because you don't like the content/considers it stupid?

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
the thread title do be kinda cringe af but that was maybe a bit rude
:ezlo:

as a feature or in certain specific channels? sure
for browsing through? nah

why's that though? you being grateful I mean, although I'm curious as to why it was banned too

just because you don't like the content/considers it stupid?

As a feature, it's indeed good as you can make people keep scrolling if you get the algorithm right

It's because tiktok transmitted data to chinese server. But overall there were several court hearings of people doing crazy **** to get tiktok views.
So I'm happy for both reason

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
No, TikTok was recently added as an embed option. There's nothing "cringe" about any of them, it's just a content style that doesn't appeal to everyone. And just because a video is uploaded to a certain platform doesn't mean it's automatically "bad." I will agree that some of the humor/videos can seem dumb to me, but I knew someone at work who loved TikTok and so I know that there's people that enjoy it, and knowing her helped me to learn to pick up on the interests of others.
Nah TikTok is actually kind of bad not cause of the content alone but the formatting

There's so many with that stupid text to speech voice that drives me crazy, plus a bunch of tiktoks have like 10 seconds of intro to keep you watching before they actually show you the thing. I think they needa change the system before the majority of them are actually enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom