• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the cringiest of all?

Which has the most braindead content?

• YouTube Shorts

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tik Tok

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Instagram reels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the thread title do be kinda cringe af but that was maybe a bit rude
Not really; he's making fun of people based on their choice of a content platform. He's calling their content cringe just because where they choose to upload, so if he can't take me calling his choice of naming this thread as a leafyishere rp of making fun of people, then that's his own problem. :shrug:

But okay, I'll bite. I'm not good at navigating social media, so my level of discovery on any platform depends on stuff people send me or stuff that suggestions make me aware exist. I've been using Youtube for years, though, so I guess my level of discovery on Youtube is fairly better, because I can follow some meme playlists owned by people who have similar taste as me, and then they will update those playlists and I can find similar content through those playlists by periodically checking them--rather than tripping over myself in suggestions or blind searches. Youtube also has a tendency to be a place to rehost content from Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and Tiktok--which is kinda questionable if they dont give credit or link to the orignal post--but the reason it's done is for shareability. Every place supports Youtube embeds. Reddit and Tiktok literally don't embed anywhere, and when friends send me memes from those two places on Discord, I actually get annoyed because there's no preview to play from Discord, and the sites themselves just don't load when I click them so the lack of a preview just makes it extra tedious to get playback to actually work on the actual site where playback is intended to work.

But the type of content across all of these sites are roughly the same. You'll find videos with the same type of humor, so the differentiation between them is how easy they are to share with friends, at least for me. Like, I don't use Tiktok, but I requested Tiktok embeds here on ZD because a couple of the meme pages I follow keep sharing Tiktok clips that I like enough to go and look up, and get frustrated I have no way to share them because they're on a dysfunctional site.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
From the admittedly limited amount of content I've seen from two of those formats, I'd say TikTok tends to feature the most low effort, cringe-inducing clips and whatnot. Instagram is similar, but on the whole tends to not be so bizarre and offensively meme-heavy (again, speaking solely from personal experience here).

YouTube is overall a much better mix of quality and low-effort content, and is still something I regularly use to follow channels whose content I enjoy.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Nah TikTok is actually kind of bad not cause of the content alone but the formatting

There's so many with that stupid text to speech voice that drives me crazy, plus a bunch of tiktoks have like 10 seconds of intro to keep you watching before they actually show you the thing. I think they needa change the system before the majority of them are actually enjoyable
Yeah I hate that TTS voice, and some of them just leaving going "what???" (I've had some filter into YT shorts) I'm just saying that we shouldn't write off a platform as cringe just because it doesn't appeal to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom