• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Minor Things You Do NOT Want in the Game

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was playing Skyward Sword a minute ago just to see where I was on my file (still in the stupid scripted room with the harp, woot woot emulator :dry:), and so many little annoyances popped up: Fi, picking up treasure, and scripted events.

Since Zelda U is on its way (I'd give it about two years), what minor things would you want to keep out of the game? For me it would be

- Rupee and treasure notifications (we've had enough of those thank you very much)
- Handholding sequences in mid-to-late game
- Unskipable cutscenes
- Notifications about batteries ingame; my Wii U Gamepad already beeps for that.

Salem

SICK
You already ninjad most of points but to add to that

The longass Chest opening scenes should be reduced in number, save it only for the dungeon item, not for the map, boss key etc...
companions/sidekicks in general, or even giving Link a family, i prefer him to be a loner.
Unlocking new areas by completing dungeons

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
-Rupee and Treasure notifications (except for items and dungeon items)
-Long tutorials
-Unskippable cutscenes
-Limited explorating
-Hand holding

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Voice acting. Treasure/rupee notifications. Treasure. Batteries/Heart notifications. Tingle.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Hand-holding. All the other stuff I can tolerate, but I feel like I'm being belittled every time I'm told step-by-step how to use an object. I mean, jeeze. I can figure it out on my own just fine, thank you.

Much of what the others have said. However, I'll try and conjure up a few of my own:

#1: Rupee/treasure notifications. For Din's sake, I KNOW what a red rupee is! WHY do you need to tell me AGAIN!?!

#2: Showing off every new place you go to. Impatient gamers will get annoyed by it. Observant gamers will take the time to slow down and look at the scenery themselves. Stopping the game to force a montage is unnecessary.

#3: No Pictograph Box. The Pictograph Box is awesome, and Zelda's getting more cinematic and detailed as the years go by. I want to take pictures of this stuff.

#4: Long, unnecessary dialogue for casual transactions. I don't want to hear about how grandpa didn't sleep well last night when the world is crumbling and I need a red potion. I consider myself a kind man, but my sympathy only goes so far.

#5: A halfhearted love interest for Link. Either go all the way and make something of that romance, or don't tease us at all. Link's a good guy and deserves a good girl, so it's annoying to see him get kind of interested in someone and then have it go virtually nowhere.

#6: Obligatory cameos. Easter eggs are good. Building on Zelda history and lore is good. Turning a character's role into a miniature franchise (i.e. Beedle) is even good. Forcing in a bunch of mediocre features just because they were in Ocarina of Time (i.e. finding a bunch of lazy carpenters) is worthy of an eye-rolling.

That's pretty much it for now. Not game-breaking stuff, obviously, but it'd be nice if Nintendo considered these things in the future.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
One shot items with no use outside the dungeon and small things like the domuion rod or spiner(spiner can be used to fight but it is to useless.)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
-Rupee and Treasure notifications (except for items and dungeon items)
-Long tutorials
-Unskippable cutscenes
-Limited explorating
-Hand holding
I'd have to agree here on several points, but "limited exploration" is apart of a bigger concept, so it's not very minor. I'd also like Dowsing not to return. Though it was optional, I still thought it was a waste of space in the game.

musicfan said:
One shot items with no use outside the dungeon and small things like the domuion rod or spiner(spiner can be used to fight but it is to useless.)
Oh, this too.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
-Fly-throughs of areas when you enter them (Thank you very much Navi.)

-Getting the Bow late in the game (In SS, you get it to defeat the boss and...... that's it.)

-Collection of Triforce Shards

-Lack of useful/fun things to spend rupees on

-Lack of fun/entertaining and/or meaningful side quests

-LACK OF EPONA and open-worldy areas

-Collection of Triforce Shards

ILU

i luv u
Preeeeetty much everything that has been said:

-Oneshot items

-Handholding partners or forced tutorials or "LOOK AT THIS" camera-hijacking cutscenes

-Linear world designs

-NPC gibberish like Midna or Fi. It's not a solution to Voice Acting and is probably more annoying than bad voice acting.

-Unnecessarily freakish character-bits. Tingle is fine, some love and some hate but at least he's clothed. But Falbi and Fyre's exposed bodies, Gaebora taking a bath, Bo in a mawashi.. *shudder* I do NOT want to see the nasty bodies of these creepy old men. OR Link's wimpy frame for that matter... what a disappointing twig. >_> Maybe it was just due to poor graphical limitations... but that's BESIDE THE POINT! Stop shoving these nasty old men in my face. Yuck.

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
Rupee and treasure notifications, unrealistic borders(Like how you can only stay in a tiny bit of hyrule field in wind waker), and useless, irritating companions like Fi and Navi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom