• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Cap Minish Cap Originally ALTTP Remake?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Hello everyone, it is your friendly neighborhood Rytex here with an important Civil Announcement.

Or not...

Anyway, it is a bit of a theory of mine that I wanted to share with you. I have recently come to the conclusion that The Minish Cap, maybe very early on in development, was originally intended to be a complete remake of A Link to the Past. Now, the game is made by Capcom, who are no strangers to remake ideas, having masterminded the Oracles, which were supposed to be remakes of the original Legend of Zelda.

I was listening to the music of TMC the other day (I have it on my iPod because I'm such a big Zelda nerd. I have made a Zelda picture my seventh horcrux). Anyway, there are a few tracks in particular that caught my attention: A Link to the Past Intro (not used in game, but included), Rainy Mt. Crenel (Rain Scene), Hyrule Secret (Cave theme), Dark Hyrule Castle (Hyrule Castle, shortened and slowed down). These tracks can almost completely recreate the opening sequence from A Link to the Past, minus the Prologue. However, they are not the entire basis for my argument. You can also look at some of the locations and see some things that would be similar to A Link to the Past's world. For example, Minish Woods was all foggy. Fog for some reason, is a recurring motif with the Master Sword, as it is found surrounded by it (ALttP and TP). Speaking of the Master Sword, the White Sword (3 Elements) is the Master Sword in sprite form, and the White Sword with all other element numbers are all palette swaps of it. Castor Wilds could also be seen as the Swamp of Evil from ALttP, Mt. Crenel as Death Mtn., and considering Hyrule Field was surrounding Castle Town like Hyrule field surrounded Hyrule Castle, with HC or the Sanctuary immediately north of it, there are even some slight geographical similarities between the games.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? More flames about me over-blowing Easter eggs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Eh, over-blowing Easter Eggs maybe. Your therory is very interesting, and the facts you brought up are indeed, very factual. I think you might be right, but there is no telling, and I don't think Nintendo or Capcom would release info about that. But i'm sure Easter Eggs are pretty much in most of the games.

My name is Nayru~Water Goddess and I approve this message.:xd:

Yours Truly and sincerely,
The Goddess of Wisdom

its possible but unlikely.

we all know capcom games use alot of previous zelda references but nintendo games definately do that to.

and with the music most zelda music is a re-arangement of previous tunes.

if anything it would be more likely that OoA could have intended to be the remake of of aLttP the present/past travel really really reminded me of the lightworld darkworld interface, particuly when you only have 2 tunes on the harp.

Definitely over-blowing Easter eggs.

GBA LttP - 12/03/02
Minish Cap - 11/04/04

Capcom helped with both. I highly doubt they would remake a game that they had already released for the same system.

Nah, I don't think so. They had just remade it 2 years beforehand, why would thet release it again?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
they might have salvaged stuff,but i doubt that they tried to remake ALttP Unless Vaati was to be Aghanim, which I Highly Doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom