• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap Opinions

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Minish Cap is an awesome 2-D Gameboy game after ALttP, and of course OoA/OoS. Minish Cap is an awesome adventure Link had offered to Save Hyrule and Zelda. Encountering Ezlo has been a funny scene where he complains he has no legs. Pretty much everything has been a new challenge at pretty much every dungeon. The scenery is always something new. I really enjoyed this game from beginning to end.

The Main Boss, Vaati, has been a pain the butt. The first stage of Vaati has been kinda easy, second is harder, third has been at its extreme. I thought that I was never going to finish this guy. However, I manage to finish the entire game. Not 100%, but finished it.

This game is really enjoyable to any Zelda gamers who enjoy 2-D games like Minish Cap. Definitely get this game.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Minish Cap is a great game. It brought a cool and unique way of going about on your adventure. Shrinking down to Minish - or Picori if it suits your preference - size and dodging boulder sized raindrops gave me a good laugh. The puzzles are well done as well, as some of them involve going from normal to small and back again in various ways. All in all a very good game in my opinion, well worth playing through.

While I do like the Minish Cap and I really enjoyed the feeling of beating it and all the nice little side quests and stuff, I've never been the biggest fan of 2D Zelda. Maybe Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask being my first two Zelda games spoiled me a little, but I just enjoy the 3D play style more. That being said, I think it is definitely worth playing and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

O

Ozzie

Minish Cap! Yay! Absolutely my favorite handheld and my favorite 2D Zelda game of all time. It's such a clean, refreshing experience, and it's got so much stuff to do. Only after about my 3rd playthrough was i able to obtain all the fusions and goodies available. I wish the site walkthrough was better though...

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I think this is absolutely the most creative zelda game out there. being a fan of the 2D games as i am about 30, 2D is what got me into Zelda. I would be happy if i could say that zelda 2 never happened, but when ALttP came out i fell in love again, but i digress!

TMC though made by Capcom and had their artsy florish, never once did i feel like i wasnt playing a zelda game. It was really cool for me to see newer characters to the franchise like the Gorons ect. in a 2D game. and though i have not played the DS Zelda games cuz i dont own a DS i will go ahead and say this is the best 2D zelda game on the market. i will say my 4th favorite game of all zeldas! if you havent played it, your life is incomplete!

P.S. For you Emulator users out there i also suggest that you get the Patch for ALttP called Parallel World Remodel. make sure you get the remodel version 1.1 or you will be curseing the game and its maker Elucid for being a sadist and makeing things far too difficult. Heck, even the remodel is hard a all be, but it gives me a chance to play a SNES Zelda game again, which i cant believe didnt happen during its cycle. but anyways through much trial and error, Parallel worlds is an amazeing non-connon Zelda adventure that you will Love to Hate!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Minish Cap was the first Zelda game I ever beat. Seriously. It has awesome graphics for a 2D game. Actually, I think it was the first video game I ever beat. It's really fun and I like the story, and the Minish! I kind of hope they make another game with human Vaati(I mean just not the weird flying eyeball) and Minish in it. :)

When i just finished Wind Waker for the 5 time back in 2005 i happened to look on TV and saw a commercial for another Zelda game. It was, of course The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. I remember growing excited over it and i begged my mother to get it for me, but at the time we were struggling with the mortgage payments and we couldn't have luxuries. A couple years later more Zelda games came out and i completely forgot about Minish Cap. Eventually i finally got the game and i was impressed.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap isn't in my top five, but it has taken the number six slot. It was a great game but i have some quarrels with it. First and foremost i disliked the kinstones to me they were a pain in the butt. I would normally have every single kinstone, but the one that was required. Of course the common kinstones were easy to fuse, but the rare ones i almost never got. The main quest was pretty good, but i got lost too many times. Some parts of the game i HAD to look up online because i would spend hours searching for what to do next. This is a good thing, but at the same time a bad thing. Everything else in the game i have no problems with. Now onto the good things....

I enjoyed almost everything about the game. The controls were flawless, the difficulty was fair and the puzzles left me scratching my head until it was raw. The story was amazing, of course it involved rescuing zelda, but you got the chance to forge the four sword. The Bosses were excellent, some of the best I've seen throughout the series. They always kept you busy and normally would take forever to kill. Vaati was a character and final boss. He always kept you wondering what he was going to do next and he was involved throughout the entire adventure. He was a difficult final boss, which in my opinion, is one of the best final bosses in the series.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap will always be one of my most favorite Zelda games. It is the best zelda game Capcom worked with Nintendo on and it's an excellent origin story for the four sword saga.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I love it, it's in my top 5 favorite zelda games. The story is fantastic serving as a predecessor to FS, the dungeons are challenging, well designed, and actually enjoyable. The overworld (while a bit small) is jam packed with secrets and fun, and I LOVE fusing kinstone pieces

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
It's a pretty solid game, I enjoyed myself with it. In fact recently I was trying to 100% it, but the tediousness of the figurine collecting stopped me :bleh: That's actually one of my few complaints about the game, I wish they did that better so it wasn't such a chore to turn in shells for figurines.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I thoroughly enjoyed Minish Cap. I really enjoy the exploration aspect of the game the best, but it had a lot of elements I liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom