• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap: Is it toon Link?

Does MC link = Toon Link?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I say yes, because the artwork is consistant with Toon Link from WW and PH.

I personally don't like Toon Link but I wanted to post this so we could debate about Toon Link within the context of the Minish Cap.

It is not Toon link. Toon link is just a cel shaded form of a decendet of the link in OoT.
Toon link is ONLY in TWW and PH

Chidori

Mongrel
Ok look. I doubt in terms of timeline, Wind Waker Link and Phantom Hourglass Link are related to Minish Cap Link but in terms of Look-Alike, I bet if Minish Cap wasn't 2D and was 3D, he'd be another Tink.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
of cource, just because its not cell shaded doesn 't mean its the same style.
i mean in brawl toon link is also not cell shaded.

i mean its for the GBA, how is the GBA gonna make cell shaded grapics.
i think they did a very good job even in 2D and not to mention sprites.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Thats kinda hard too say because something in my gut says they're not the same but they look very similar Hm Im gonna have too say they are the same.

linkman8

True and Noble
I believe that MC Link is Toon Link, because if you look at the official art of the Link from Minish Cap, it is the same style as Four Swords and Wind Waker, so I'd say yes.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
link4.gif

wwjump.jpg

they look quite the same to me. even the shield is the same.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
fusion.jpg

WindWaker_Link.jpg

Four_Sword_Links.jpg

Artwork_TLOZ_Phantom_Hourglass.jpg

Toon Link is just basically all Links that look cartoonish with big eyes and such. That means all these links I posted are Toon Links, including TMC. TMC has the same style as FS and FSA Links, and they are all cartoonish. So yes, TMC Link is a Toon Link.

P

Powerbracelet

Call it what you like, I just consider it another phase in the artwork. Other than adult link from TP, you will probably never see any modern artwork of Link in the old style.

It's just like when they dropped the LoZ/AoL/ALttP style for the OoT/MM/OoX style.

Just no hating on toon link.

Leix

Error
It's the BELT that really makes you think. They have identical belts.
Which makes me wonder, perhaps there were TWO hero's outfits handed down, one in each timeline? The child bearing OoT Link, and the Adult path bearing Minish Cap Link?
The only difference between the Links that I see in Smitie's evidence is the sword. But they were using different swords anyways. Also, if you stare at it long enough, WW Link's tunic seems to be a deeper green than MC Link's. MC's sort of looks mint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom