• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap: Is it toon Link?

Does MC link = Toon Link?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

Powerbracelet

If there were a split timeline, wouldn't there just be one hero's outfit from before the timeline split, and different things happened to it in each timeline?

But the shade of the tunic? That's the sort of nitpicking that brought about the timeline theorists who made the whole art of timelining complicated.

J

Joey Kazooie

I think the "Links" from TMC, FS, FSA, TWW and PH can all be considered Toon Link.

Leix

Error
If there were a split timeline, wouldn't there just be one hero's outfit from before the timeline split, and different things happened to it in each timeline?

But the shade of the tunic? That's the sort of nitpicking that brought about the timeline theorists who made the whole art of timelining complicated.

Well if you think, there really ARE two outfits.
TMC Link starts with the garb that WW Link wears, yet OoT Link isn't wearing 'The Hero's Clothes', he's wearing standard Kokiri garb. The Toon Link Tunic hasn't got any sleeves connected to it, plus, it's long sleeved compared to Kokiri short sleeve.

I for one believe that the looks are too similar, and WW and MC happening one right after the next, connects the games and therefore I consider them to be somewhat of a sequel-like series. At least that is what I believe was originally planned.

MC could have taken place long after Link and Zelda (Tetra) discovered the "new Hyrule" the king talks about in the end of WW. In which case, Tetra, being the descendant of Zelda's bloodline, would take on her role as the princess.

And in the intro, the whole thing about them being "childhood friends". It is just too obvious of a story connection there.

So, in my mind, Toon Link is one general Link, not different generations who look the same. Toon Link exists first in WW, second in PH, and third in MC.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
There is no way MC Zelda and WW Zelda are the same person. Zelda has a father in MC, and Link has a grandfather. There is a hundred year history in MC involving the Minish and the Picori blade.

The artwork is similar, thats the only thing the two games have in common.

G

Glided Sword

It kind of looks like it but I don't think it is. To me, it looks like a childish Link.

LOL...Toon Link isn't really an official name for it (SSMB is not Zelda people). Cel shaded is more proper. But the art style of TMC is similar to that of TWW, PH, FS, FSA. But that doesn't mean its the same Link.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Look, Capcom wanted to make the Minish Cap out of something popular. They thought that Toon Link would be a good idea (He was praised in The Wind Waker for his cell-shadedness), and used it.

Kybyrian

It's not the same Link as from The Wind Waker, I know that for sure, but the artwork is that of similar to The Wind Waker's Link.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That was what I had stated. Capcom saw that the Cel-shaded style was popular, and tried to make it. It was like when Coca-cola came out. Others saw it was popular, and tried to make another product like it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's toon link,only it is a different toon link...they just used the same style to make it, but it's not story-related to WW/PH toon link

P

Powerbracelet

It's just the style. It used to be brown/dirty yellow haired link, with the alternately colored brim on his cap, and the more stern look. Except for Twilight Princess, every link since windwaker has been Toon Link. To be perfectly honest, toon link only looked good in Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom