• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Minish Cap Complaint.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Alright so today I dusted off my old copy of MC and I beat another boss (maybe the 3rd? The one with the eyes on his hands) and my only complaint for the game thus far is how easy the bosses are. As many of you may know I'm not very good at Zelda games in general but the bosses so far in this game have hurt me maybe once. But I'm still only about halfway through and I checked the walkthrough on ZD to see the rest of the bosses and they look easy! The only one that looks difficult is the final boss :shake:. But whatever maybe theres already a thread for this but I just wanted to say that. /end rant.

Minish Cap overall isn't very hard. The real appeal in that game is how many sidequests there are. The Kinstones themselves open up just massive ammounts of opportunity to go explore the world.

Although, you're right, the Bosses aren't hard at all. I found that what the bosses lacked in difficulty they gained in unpredictableness and creativitity. The one you are referring to is Gohdan, who I thought was really cool. I didn't think there was a way to make the Mole Mitts an item to use against a boss, but who knew?

skybird11

state alchemist
MC is awesome! although it is easy and short but its one of my favorites. i only had to use fairies on vaati

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Minish Cap overall isn't very hard. The real appeal in that game is how many sidequests there are. The Kinstones themselves open up just massive ammounts of opportunity to go explore the world.
Yeah I think this seems to be what the game is. It is very short and the dungeons and bosses aren't hard at all but there is still a massive amount of things to do in the game. And I was just criticizing a small part of the game. I don't dislike it for one fault. I think it's a very fun game and I love it so far :D

Actually, weirdly enough I had some trouble playing through The Minish Cap, particularly with taking too much damage. The game really isn't that hard, but if you're too reckless you'll end up sustaining way too much damage, so as a product of my aggressive playstyle, I got hurt a lot and was running low on hearts all the time in dungeons. Second time through, it was completely easy, but I actually had a difficult experience my first time. :bleh:

That said, yeah, it's a pretty easy game, but I think as Zenox mentioned, the bosses are very creative and I think this extends to the rest of the game as well. I just felt they did a lot of cool stuff and fleshed out the world in the game, and I enjoyed its take on Hyrule and the standard Zelda adventure quite a lot.

Another thing I loved about The Minish Cap is the graphics. It's frankly the most gorgeous-looking 2D Zelda game ever made, with the possible exception of Four Swords, which has roughly the same graphics with a slight difference in coloring style. I think TMC deserves props for its visuals as well.

Well, it's a handheld. You can't expect the bosses to be that hard. However, it picks up. Trust me. Just wait 'til you get to the Temple of Droplets. And Vaati is pretty challenging, too.
What does it being a handheld title have to do with its difficulty? There's no logical reason to associate a certain level of difficulty to a handheld system as opposed to a home console. Especially when specifically referring to Zelda; its handheld titles, with the exception of The Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, were fairly hard.

The one you are referring to is Gohdan, who I thought was really cool.
Mazaal, actually. Gohdan is the nearly identical boss from The Wind Waker. ;)

First time I went through Minish Cap, I found it pretty hard.
I died on the first boss on my first playthrough.
Granted, it was the first Zelda game I played and I was new to video game, but now that I've replayed through the game, I find it really easy.
Vast improvements, I guess.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
MC has maybe too many side quest and not enough of a main quest for a hand held. The game is short even for a hand held, they clearly went for quality over quantity here. The bosses are pretty easy but also a lot of fun.

T

Toon Link 989

MC is a fun game. Although, when I got my ROM I went crazy on VBA's spacebar action that speeds the game up, and I've died at least a million times by repeatedly falling off of a ledge. -_-.
And yes, the game has too many side quests. The game would have been fine if it had a more dramatic storyline. Honestly, it's like this with Spirit Tracks, too.
The bosses are WAY too easy in this game. Most of them aren't even super epic, like OoT's Ghoma. MC's first boss is a ChuChu, for crying out loud.

My only main complaint in this game is the easiness of the overall game. I mean, virtually none of the dungeons had challenge. They focused more on the way the place looked instead of the puzzles in them.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
It actually was a bit chalenging to beat Minish Cap for me. Even on a Game Boy emulator, where you can save at the exact place you were in, I found that the bosses were quite difficult. Believe it or not, I thought the bosses in Twilight Princess were very easy, especialy Zant.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
It actually was a bit chalenging to beat Minish Cap for me. Even on a Game Boy emulator, where you can save at the exact place you were in, I found that the bosses were quite difficult. Believe it or not, I thought the bosses in Twilight Princess were very easy, especialy Zant.
I'm the oppisite. I thought the bosses in MC were very easy (see first post in thread :P) and in TP the bosses I've faced (and enemies) I've found very difficult. Maybe thats because I'm the biggest fail at Z targeting ever :P

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Two words: Three hearts.

I guess you are correct but what game is not difficult under those circumstances? I do not have a problem with games being too easy (not anymore). And I believe that the Minish Cap is quite difficult at times, this when you are fighting Vaati, one of the hardest bosses there is if you ask me.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Minish Cap was my third Zelda game, so it has a special place in my heart. That being said, I didn't have a hard time with it as I never died until Vaati. I didn't even really bother collecting heart pieces as a kid because I was really interested in the main quest (I collected some here and there outta discovery). So by the time I was at Vaati, I had like 8 Hearts maybe? That's where I had difficulty cuz the dude had like 3 forms :P. I got the game in 2005 and beat it maybe 2 times more before I left it until 2010.

Playing as a young adult, I still found so much magic in Minish Cap and I really had fun with it. I agree the game was really short and pretty easy, but all the same I still had loads of fun seeking out side quests and gathering heart pieces. I even came prepared for Vaati and man did I suck with that boss battle. I had three bottles filled with Potions and I ended up using all of them up because I kinda forgot how to beat Vaati after leaving the game untouched for like 3-4 years. I ended up beating him with all bottles used and only ONE heart left :O lmao

Ahh great game.....great game.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom