• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap After Adventure of Link?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
MC NEVER implies that Gustaf is the hero of men. Ever. in any way.

Actually it does..very much so..

it talks about how the hero of men got the piccori blade and then later in the game, king gustoff shows up to talk to Link and you get the vibe that he is talking to you as a hero. It makes you think that the reason he was ever a king is because he saved the world. Go replay MC and you will definitely see why people get confused by it. Doesn't the opening scene use Gustoff's name in the BS

If you do decide to replay to see if it gives off that vibe, don't go into it thinking you are already right. There is no point in going back to check it if you're not even gonna have an open mind.

It DOES give the vibe off that Gustoff is the hero of men. If it didn't, then no one would ever debate it. Regardless of it being Gustoff or not, there is plenty of other stuff that puts MC far before AoL.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
it talks about how the hero of men got the piccori blade and then later in the game, king gustoff shows up to talk to Link and you get the vibe that he is talking to you as a hero. It makes you think that the reason he was ever a king is because he saved the world. Go replay MC and you will definitely see why people get confused by it. Doesn't the opening scene use Gustoff's name in the BS

I have played it. Very recently. And no, the backstory/opening scene never mentions Gustaf. Gustaf is just a former king of Hyrule. If that makes him "implied" to be a Hero then I guess Daphnes is the Hero of Hyrule too.

If you can show me anything in the game that implies it, then I'll be happy to listen to you. As far as I can tell though, the only reason anyone thinks he is the Hero of Men is because Gametrailers says he was.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I have played it. Very recently. And no, the backstory/opening scene never mentions Gustaf. Gustaf is just a former king of Hyrule. If that makes him "implied" to be a Hero then I guess Daphnes is the Hero of Hyrule too.

If you can show me anything in the game that implies it, then I'll be happy to listen to you. As far as I can tell though, the only reason anyone thinks he is the Hero of Men is because Gametrailers says he was.

I personally don't and never really have thought that the hero of men was Gustaf. The reason anyone would get that idea is because the BS of the game talks about the hero of men and then later on in the game you talk to the ghost of a past king (Gustaf). This is why people think Gustaf is the hero of men. This ghost king was never spoken of anywhere in the game (other than when you see him), so why would they introduce some random, past king if he wasn't mentioned before. Oh wait, maybe he was mentioned. Maybe he's the hero of men who was made king after he saved the world. It's not entirely crazy. Just because you don't think it's possible doesn't make you right. That's your opinion so stop acting like you're right no matter what.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I personally don't and never really have thought that the hero of men was Gustaf. The reason anyone would get that idea is because the BS of the game talks about the hero of men and then later on in the game you talk to the ghost of a past king (Gustaf). This is why people think Gustaf is the hero of men. This ghost king was never spoken of anywhere in the game (other than when you see him), so why would they introduce some random, past king if he wasn't mentioned before. Oh wait, maybe he was mentioned. Maybe he's the hero of men who was made king after he saved the world. It's not entirely crazy. Just because you don't think it's possible doesn't make you right. That's your opinion so stop acting like you're right no matter what.

Did I say it was impossible? No.
I said noting implies it. Which is true. Nothing links him to the hero. All we know is that he is a former king and Zelda is his descendant.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Did I say it was impossible? No.
I said noting implies it. Which is true. Nothing links him to the hero. All we know is that he is a former king and Zelda is his descendant.

Saying that nothing implies it is basically the same as saying that it's impossible. Why would some random past king show himself to Link? This king had absolutely no significance to any plot in the game other than the fact that he's there. It makes sense that he would be a previous hero. I'm not saying that's what I believe, I'm just saying that's something that could be confusing.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Saying that nothing implies it is basically the same as saying that it's impossible. Why would some random past king show himself to Link? This king had absolutely no significance to any plot in the game other than the fact that he's there. It makes sense that he would be a previous hero. I'm not saying that's what I believe, I'm just saying that's something that could be confusing.

The same is true of Daphnes. He was a random king not mentioned in any other game... yet he showed up to help Link.

Or how about Mutoh, King of the Cobble Tribe? He's never mentioned in any other game, yet he showed up to help Link.

It's not uncommon in Zelda at ALL for a dead king to help a hero. It's not indication that the king was a hero. Does anyone call Mutoh and Daphnes former Chosen Heroes?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The same is true of Daphnes. He was a random king not mentioned in any other game... yet he showed up to help Link.

Or how about Mutoh, King of the Cobble Tribe? He's never mentioned in any other game, yet he showed up to help Link.

It's not uncommon in Zelda at ALL for a dead king to help a hero. It's not indication that the king was a hero. Does anyone call Mutoh and Daphnes former Chosen Heroes?

But the BS' to both of those games with those past kings doesn't talk about a nameless, previous hero. If they do, it's obvious that the previous hero talked about in those BS' is Link. MC has a BS that has absolutely no connection to any other game in the series. There is a nameless hero in the BS and a dead king who helps Link that is not mentioned anywhere previously in the game. Either it's a king that was possibly around during the time of the hero of men, or he could be the hero of men. You already know my stance on the subject and this is me having an open mind about it. Maybe you should stop being so close minded about the subject because it's REALLY annoying.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Ya know, Daphnes isn't the only random ghost who teaches you something. If just being a ghost qualifies you, then Swiftblade is MUCH more qualified you. He teaches you a sword move that supposedly only a Hero can learn. If only a Hero can learn it, why does Swiftblade know it? Hmmm.

So, other than "well...he's a ghost!" what, if any, indication is there that Gustaf is the Hero of Men. Being a ghost is not enough in of itself to imply you're a past hero.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ya know, Daphnes isn't the only random ghost who teaches you something. If just being a ghost qualifies you, then Swiftblade is MUCH more qualified you. He teaches you a sword move that supposedly only a Hero can learn. If only a Hero can learn it, why does Swiftblade know it? Hmmm.

So, other than "well...he's a ghost!" what, if any, indication is there that Gustaf is the Hero of Men. Being a ghost is not enough in of itself to imply you're a past hero.

Wow, it's almost as if you didn't read my previous post at all. In the BS we have a nameless hero. He is apparently not Link as the BS is about an adventure that Link has yet to have a game for or be discussed having in any other game. We have a random, ancient King that is also not spoken of in any previous games or plot in MC. One could put the two pieces together and say "hey, a random, nameless hero in the BS and a random, ghost king that no one knows about. I wonder if they are the same person."

I think I'm done with this. It's quite obvious your gonna stay close minded about it and not even read what I write and I would prefer to stay on topic. Thanks, bye.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I'm not closed minded. I'm just waiting for proof. "We don't know who the last hero was and Gustaf is a ghost" is not proof.

There are lots of ghosts who randomly help you out. Doesn't make any of them the nameless hero.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm not closed minded. I'm just waiting for proof. "We don't know who the last hero was and Gustaf is a ghost" is not proof.

There are lots of ghosts who randomly help you out. Doesn't make any of them the nameless hero.

Once again, being close minded. Did I say it made him the hero? No, in fact I even mentioned multiple times I didn't believe he was. You wanted to know why people would ever think it was implied and I told you why and you just kept shoving it down my throat even though I was telling you exactly what you wanted to know. Seriously dude, read the posts before you start attacking people's opinions or when you attack someone who was TELLING YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW. All I told you was a possibility. Get over it.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I know it's a possibility. Everything is a possibility. This is just a possibliity that the game does not imply to be true. There are multiple ghost who help out Link. The only one who may be implied to have been the Hero is Swiftblade, and even that is shaky.

Gustaf just wants to see his beloved Kingdom get saved. Nothing about that is an implication of Hero status.

I am well aware that you don't believe he is the HoM. I just have yet to her anything implying that he is. Not saying it's impossible. Implying it's impossible. There's a big difference.

It's physically possible for me to climb a mountain. If I go take mountain climbing lessons, it's implied that I'm going to.

It's physically possible that Gustaf was the Hero. If the game actually gave us anything (other than "he's a ghost"...there are lots of ghosts in MC) to show that he was, then it would be implied. But they don't, and it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom