• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish based from a real tale?

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
That's pretty cool that you found that. I actually did relate the little Minish people to the Minutians from Shaman King, 'cause that's one of my favorite mangas. I also noticed some other stuff from different cultures, such as the triforce. The triforce is not always what it's called, and it's not always Power, Courage and Wisdom, but if you look into lots of religions, you will find lots of triplicates. In christianity, you have the trinity, father, son, and holy ghost, or in celtic mythology, there's the triad, which is life, death, and rebirth. Also, Epona takes her name from the celtic horse goddess. It's neat what you find if you look.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
okay ths may be completly radom, but the name korobbokuru, the begining is koro. which if you add another k at the end then its korok the little plant things in WW right. its just my right-sided brain making random connections to things. but this could be an actual reference right?

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Actually, yeah. In all of the references previously stated, the prefix "Koro" did appear. It could possibly because Koro is Japanese for small or something. Or it could all be coincidence and we could all be looking into this way too much.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
That's pretty cool that you found that. I actually did relate the little Minish people to the Minutians from Shaman King, 'cause that's one of my favorite mangas. I also noticed some other stuff from different cultures, such as the triforce. The triforce is not always what it's called, and it's not always Power, Courage and Wisdom, but if you look into lots of religions, you will find lots of triplicates. In christianity, you have the trinity, father, son, and holy ghost, or in celtic mythology, there's the triad, which is life, death, and rebirth. Also, Epona takes her name from the celtic horse goddess. It's neat what you find if you look.

yeah thats interesting of zelda. like i said before, its not the first time that you encounter real life things in zelda titles. there are so many things taken of real life and that has been put in the game. symbols, stories, races ect...

now as for the minish, the link i posted deosn 't say anything about TMC at all. but those refrences is only based one the name "Korobokkuru". only the name was used. but the tale and looks does seem to match sorta with the minish.

and kpllk, please read the posts of other people before you start posting. then you would understand it a little more and didn 't have these questions.

Claire

The Geekette
That is a very interesting find!

I think that many of the stories, characters, or bosses may have a connection with other folklore, similar to other games may take a mythological creature and twist them into their story. Whether the Picori were 100% influenced by this tale or not, is beyond my awareness, but it still causes you to wonder what other ties they may have with the folklore and traditions, or rather other possible tidbits from the series being in relation to other fairytales. Does this mean maybe the tale of the Picori is the same tale?

S

sheik

Just because there is an anime about little people living in the woods doesn't mean anything. I am not saying that it isn't possible that the minish race was a borrowed idea, but how hard is it for nintendo to say "What haven't we done in zelda yet"? "Let's make a small race of people."

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but there was a story about small Elves fixing shoes while the Shoemaker slept, so he thought he was a genious, this was in the game when the Shoemaker of Hyrule Castle town, the Minish fixed the shoes, making him think he has some sort of power, so the Minish very well could be based off of a story of myth of small people.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
By george I think you're right! If Capcom fashioned the Minish after the korobokkuru then it wouldn't be the first time a legend of zelda thing was fashioned after mythology/religious tales. Take the great flood of hyrule for instance. It's almost exactly like the religious tale of Noah's Ark. I do think Capcom fashioned the Minish after the korobokkuru. It's just too similar to be coincidence. Just take Zenox's example. They're almost exactly alike. Again it's too similar to be coincidence.

Well, part of that legend is from Japan so it is likely that Nintendo used that for inspiration. Similar to how they named Epona after the Japanese folklore protector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom