• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Minimum Items Required

I have beaten the game almost 3 times now and I was wondering what would be the absolute minimum for beating the game would be. Is there a real need for a shield in the first place? Most walkthroughs I have seen are 100% walkthroughs or if they are not 100% walkthroughs they do some optional things. I am wanting some help with figuring this out so that I can put together a walkthrough myself that will guide you based on if you want 100% or just the bare bare minimum. I have beaten A Link to the Past this same way, but I didn't realize that you don't need the boomarang at all until I found out on another site that posted it.

Please give me advice on what the minimum or fastest way to beat the game is.

Pen

The game is on!
No, the shield is definitely not necessary. I didn't use it at all during my first play through. Actually, I'm quite certain the no items held in your Adventure Pouch are necessary to complete the game. And you can always just ignore the Heart Containers that appear after Boss fights to keep your six original hearts. Other than that I can't think of anything right away, but if I think of anything else I'll return here! ;)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The required items are:
- 1 Ancient Flower
- The Beetle (eventually upgraded to the Hook Beetle)
- Bomb Bag
- One Bottle
- Bow
- Clawshots
- Digging Mitts (eventually replaced by the Mogma Mitts)
- Fireshield Earrings
- Gust Bellows
- Slingshot
- Whip
- Water Dragon's Scale

Asides from quest items, the Goddess's Harp and the Sailcloth, everything else is optional.

Last edited:

MW7

You can skip all shields, the bug net, all bugs, and all treasures except you need 1 ancient flower. You don't have to pick up any heart containers either, but you must have one bottle to pour water on the frog tongues on the way to the Fire Sanctuary.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
You need the B button items (except for the Bug Net) a bottle, and that's it. You don't need any shields or upgrades....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom