• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Minigame Concerns

Is there any way to extinguish a blue flame that's in a lantern? I've read that there is a minigame near the Akkala lab involving the lantern that is near the stable, but I lit it before I knew about any minigame opportunities. I can't seem to blow it out no matter what I do, and the lady that's supposed to offer the minigame seems very content with it lit.

I'd also be curious to know if there is a good timetable out there for shield surfing. I've noticed that as Selmie awards her shields, they disappear from her wall, so I'd like to get each shield (after you get the shield once, she, of course, offers Rupees for a repeat time). I've gotten the best shields (Royal, Knight's) but don't know how much to suck on purpose to get shields like the Wooden Shield, Hunter's Shield, etc....right now it's just guesswork.

If there is a mini-game involving the blue flames, I'd love to see where it's described and officially listed. I tried at one point to light all those lanterns, but can't say for sure that I got them ALL lit ... also, I never did run into anyone that triggered a mini-game.

My thoughts on this - as listed in another post I made somewhere on this board - were that there SHOULD have been a mini-game here, or perhaps even some sort of secret hidden game of lighting them all at either/or/both Akkala or Hateno ... and if you did light them all, you got some kind of reward/prize for doing it.

The "minigame" in lighting the main torch/fire at each of the tech labs ... yes, I knew about those. However, starting with my second play-through, I skipped the minigames and just carried the flames up to the tech labs and lit the main flame things at each lab without triggering the mini-game. I did this because A) I didn't feel like being time-restricted, :cool: I didn't want to waste time going to each lab, then going back down the flame source, then back up to the labs, and C) didn't care about the rewards since mining ore is so damn simple and plentiful that a silver or gold rupee just isn't worth anything in this game for the effort you have to put out for it with a mini-game.

Besides that, the only thing you have to do is light the main lantern at each lab. The intermediate lanterns are there so that if you have to put your torch or wooden weapon out to fight an enemy, you don't have to go all the way back to the source to start over.

That said, my wish is that there would have been a secret/hidden game with some kind of good reward for lighting ALL the lanterns in a given area. That would have been a cool easter-egg type situation for anyone who just decided to take the time to light them all for the hell of it. Nintendo dropped the ball there not having something special for that situation.

Solved my other question and found the mini game :-P.

"Talking to her when the blue flame is out (AFTER lighting the blue flame at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab) will start a time trail event at a cost of 20 rupees. You can keep doing it by putting the blue flame out with an ice arrow (not sure if there's another method). There are 3 rewards:

- 1st attempt is 3 minutes for 50 rupees prize
- 2nd attempt is 1 minute for 100 rupees prize
- 3rd attempt is 20 seconds for 300 rupees prize

Any attempt after that is 20 seconds for 20 rupees."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom