• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mini Ice Age On It's Way

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Scientists have a new method which makes solar activity easier to accurately predict, and so it is said between 2030 and 2040 we will have what they are calling a mini Ice Age or Little Ice Age. The last one was between 1645 to 1715.
The article explaining it all details the science behind why this is going to happen and how they know. I personally am just excited to see this happen in my lifetime.

So thoughts?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'm sure there will be some political nonsense that comes from various people trying to exploit this for political gain. And the reality will be ignored. The reality being that more southern places will need to prepare to deal with colder weather, which they're currently not equipped to do. If we properly prepare, we should be fine. Some homes may need different insulation. City authorities will need to start buying equipment to deal with snow and ice.

Diego

Donger King of leis
I'm ready.
My name was in the Ice Age movies, so it makes me 10% more resistant to cold than normal humans by default ^^

Okay, serious talk.
I don't mind a colder enviroment. Especially because I live on a particulary hot climate, that can actually be changed by an Ice Age (say, deserts don't chancge with those, but Tropical and sub-tropical enviroments do) so yeah!
It will also balance the Global Warming a bit, so it shouldn't be that bad...right?

I'm cool with it

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
So it will be like living in Alaska. I can dig. I mean I'm from WI and all so bring on the cold.

Yeah I heard about it and it sounds sucky. I was wondering why this summer has turned pleasantly cooler. This time of year where I live its usually in the 100s

Scientists have seen this coming for a few years. The signs have been there for a while.

I'm more of a hot weather person myself. Years of working for an amusement park in college will do that to you. I also love watching the desert turn green as the summer rains come.

However, I guess I was always disappointed by winter. When I was little and living in San Diego, I always thought of those stereotypical picturesque, snowy winters like you see on TV. Then when I moved away a little later, I was hoping I'd get to see one of those winters, and didn't get it. Instead, there was maybe a snow day here or there. I've lived all over the US, including the Midwest, but I've never seen a winter like that. If it's just cold outside and you don't get any snow out of it, it's boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom