• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mini-games You Spent A Lot of Time With

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Plenty of games have mini-games lurking within them, like a little tapeworm. Some mini-games are really fun or robustly designed and able to stand on their own. Which mini-games have you ended up spending a lot of time on, maybe even more time than the main game?

One for me would be pazaak from KOTOR. It's basically blackjack but I put hours into it as a kid when I should have been saving the galaxy or something.

mWuYACt.jpg

Probably the battleship mini game in Wind Waker because of how random it is.

Cant think of any mini games I've wanted to go and do myself as recreation though... I'm sure there is one but I can't think of it right now.

I'm not a mini game person.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
that freaking card game in Xenogears, its super simple but jesus christ everytime time I lose, I just need to go another round
plus I played that very same card game w/ my friend a while back w/ his own deck of cards, and that was really fun

The Baseball game “Octoball Derby” in A Link Between Worlds!! That one was so challenging took more than a few tries. You couldn’t aim the ball in that game it was so frustrating.

One that took me the most tries though was the Pirate Hideout game with the carts in Spirit Tracks. oh my god that game drove me nuts i played it on the Wii U console and it was just SO not user friendly and yeah just no it took me forever but it was so rewarding when i finally had a perfect run.

The shooting gallery in Phantom hourglass was tough as well. Took a few tries. And of course catching Neptoona was like one of my biggest Zelda accomplishments ever. It is so hard to do let alone time just finding one!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Definitely the endurance mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider.

RotTR is an... okay game. It does everything well from a technical standpoint and is perfectly competent mechanically, but it never rises beyond being okay. Long after I gave up on the campaign, I was still sinking hours into the endurance mode. Unlike the main game, every minute is a battle for survival. You must combat the cold, your hunger, the wildlife, and hostile soldiers far better armed than you are. Your goal is to raid as many tombs as possible and then evacuate without succumbing to the elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom