• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minecraft: How Do You Play?

Kirino

Tatakae
How do you play Minecraft? What features do you use? Do you play with enemies on or off? What difficulty? How about creative mode?

I keep all enemies off, and always play on creative mode. I play Minecraft to shape the world and build things, not as a survival game.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I usually play creative, too. I only have one survival world that I rarely ever play (I never even finished building my house) and the survival mode server that I used all the time closed down. So I mostly play creative now. I often keep enemies on, however, just because it doesn't feel like Minecraft without it and I want my things to be functional and safe in both modes -- so I have to light up areas to ensure enemies don't get anywhere near. I'm currently building a "Nyan Castle" (which is the same as any other castle, except with far too many rooms with a wide variety of styles, a.k.a. whatever the heck I feel like shoving into an area of a large building). It's been my big project for a while now, and it's getting pretty big. I've invested a lot of work into it and I'm quite proud so far.

octorok74

TETTAC
Creative. I only have the 360 edition, but creative is the most fun. I have made houses with my friends that would take forever to build in survival. Some would even be impossible. Plus, creative is just a lot more calming and I don't have to worry about dying.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I personally do creative so I can build stuff, like my Minecraft TARDIS.

Exterior
k6uSv8G.png

Early Console design
0J7uFj0.png

Next Iteration Console
kD5gej2.png

Library/pool (currently rebuilding)
aPHZxBk.png

Accident involving decorative Lava
QIqN6Q1.png

Garden
KQMSVAx.png

Auxiliary Control Room
mQI4hoD.png

Emergency Control Room
2YglaMl.png

Haven't played in quite a while so I know things are pretty different now.

But I usually play as an explorer, going deeper into caves each time looking for valuable minerals, while creating a path back to my house. I keep enemies on, because it's fun to have that risk that you can be attacked out of nowhere and lose everything you have worked for, and be forced to collect your items again.

Jedizora

:right:
I usually go on a flatcore server(Flatworld+Hardcore). It's pretty hard to get set up, but I've been playing on it since 1.3.2 and I can easily get almost anything from a regular world.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though I hardly play Minecraft...

I just tend to dig down :/ yes I know its considered to be going against the rules but whatever :P So I dig down until I reach a cave system and once I have finally found Diamond I get too greedy and I try to find more so I either end up starving or stupidly falling in lava...

Austin

Austin
Normally? Survival on the hardest difficulty settings on a dedicated server with some friends. We get to work building massive towns, castles, skyscrapers and underground railways connecting everything we build. Sure, we could build a lot faster in creative, and occasionally we do for a bit just to :cucco: around, but everything gets really boring on creative. If there's no effort involved, you don't get as big of a rewarding feeling when you step back and look at what you've built at the end of the day.

Kybyrian

Normally? Survival on the hardest difficulty settings on a dedicated server with some friends. We get to work building massive towns, castles, skyscrapers and underground railways connecting everything we build. Sure, we could build a lot faster in creative, and occasionally we do for a bit just to :cucco: around, but everything gets really boring on creative. If there's no effort involved, you don't get as big of a rewarding feeling when you step back and look at what you've built at the end of the day.

I agree with Austin for the most part. There is a lot of satisfaction from building something yourself from materials you gathered; however, I also get a huge dose of satisfaction when I build something really fancy and large scale in creative. It would be more impressive in survival, sure, but it's also a near impossible job. There's a huge boost from building something totally impressive. This is why I love worldedit and the like.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Make a jewish complaining wall and set 3 TNT blocks in the middle + a sign saying "if you blow up this wall, Jesus will punish you"

Some jew went to complain to the wall, thought it would be funny to blow it up and didn't believe in divine punishment. But suprise suprise, under the wall an entire row of TNT going deep down under the ground...

When i checked after 1 day when i made that wall...there was a black hole and by coincidence Austin's underground railway was blown too.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Make a jewish complaining wall and set 3 TNT blocks in the middle + a sign saying "if you blow up this wall, Jesus will punish you"

Some jew went to complain to the wall, thought it would be funny to blow it up and didn't believe in divine punishment. But suprise suprise, under the wall an entire row of TNT going deep down under the ground...

When i checked after 1 day when i made that wall...there was a black hole and by coincidence Austin's underground railway was blown too.
Oh god, the explosion was so great I think it blew through bedrock too. We then all flew down there and made funny signs on the underside of the bedrock with glowstone. Good times.

Deeds

no text
I'll play creative and survival. I prefer survival though. I mostly play Tekkit though, a modded version of minecraft. It has loads to do - more ores, building materials and much more. It's really hard for me to explain, but I'm guessing most of you know about it, seeing as one of the most popular Youtube channel makes tonnes of video's on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom