• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minecraft 1.6.2

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Does anyone else have any issues with this?

Particularly the new Minecraft.exe file that has to be downloaded. Does anyone else get this extraordinarily long load-up screen?

3F6CD.png

3F6Ds.png

And, finally, after a minute of loading...

3F6En.png

Which opens MC in a new window and leaves this running in the background.

Thoughts?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Well I use a Mac, but also windows. It may be a temporary bug. I haven't play Minecraft since Update 1.5, so all the new 1.5.1 and up new textures, enemies, Texture Pack file system, and fixed bugs I don't have.

Have you tried closing the last window? The one that says "Minecraft News".

Ganondork

goo
From what I have read/heard, that's the new launcher. For one, it's ridiculously ugly versus the old launcher. Second, that loading screen you have, I believe, is the new "Updating Minecraft" screen.

Honestly, I don't like the 1.6.2 update. It's really ****ed up the server that me, and a few other friends from ZD use, so it's kind of fallen into disuse. I don't think horses and carpets were really worth all of this extra trouble that Mojang has put us through.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
The screen has had long load times for me, too. Actually, when I'm bringing it up I've had to restart the load 3 times before it works.

E

EmTeC

I found my frame rates has been dropping quite a bit since 1.6.2. The launcher is ugly as ****! When I click 'Multiplayer', Instead of an MoTD coming up, it says 'Can't Reach Server' even though I can connect to it no problem. I don't understand what the business is with the Minecraft Realms.

Oh yeah, every time a new update comes out. I can't play for a week or so because I have to wait for OptiFine and the servers to update. I don't enjoy vanilla singleplayer anymore, played too much of it.

Other than that, good update :notbad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom