• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mind blowing moments in your life

Can you remember times in your life when your mind was blown and a whole new world and way of thinking was opened up to you?

Not limiting this to media, i figure life in general would be more fun.

Was your mind blown when you played Mario 64 for the first time (if it was your first 3D game)?

Was your mind blown when you saw an incredible natural wonder or learned of a disaster like Pompeii, or when you discovered what a black hole was?

What have been some of your mind blowing moments in life?

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
Can you remember times in your life when your mind was blown and a whoke new world and way of thinking was opened up to you?

Not limiting this to media, i figure life in general would be more fun.

Was your mind blown when you played Mario 64 for the first time (if it was your first 3D game)?

Ocarina and SM64 were my first 3D games and yes, my mind was blown, and honestly, they have aged so very well. Each time I play them, there are still ways to make it a pleasant experience.

Was your mind blown when you saw an incredible natural wonder or learned of a disaster like Pompeii, or when you discovered what a black hole was?

What have been some of your mind blowing moments in life?

A few notable ones for me.

1. Mom having a heart attack and having open heart surgery. It was a surreal moment, seeing her with so many tubes attached to her, and a big scar in the middle of her chest. She almst died on the table, and I realized that the woman that has sacrificed so much for me, might not see next week. It truly brought a new level of love and appreciation to the way I view my crazy mother.

2. Las Vegas shooting. I was very close to the event when it happened, and hearing the blood curdling screams and being on lock down until 4AM changed the way I view life. Life can be taken away so swiftly. Good people with great hearts being ripped away from their families because of one person. Additionally, the love and pride I have for this city has grown exponetially. We have all come together and have given back so much, and will continue to do so in memory of the victims.

3. Meeting Jessie. Before her, I had some long distance relationships that I knew weren't going anywhere. She is as weird as I am, and it's amazing to finally connect with someone that you know deep down can spend the rest of your life with. I've been through hell before, as a lot of us have, so it was very mind blowing to know that there was someone out there for me.

Reactions: Dio

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
There was one time a horse almost ran me and a friend over, must've been like 12 then. I haven't had near-death experiences since then, feels weird to think back to that and go what if I hadn't been pushed out of the way. Other than that there would be experiences with media, like the first time I saw A Clockwork Orange, which was basically my introduction to "arthouse" film, for lack of a better term. It was also the first R-rated movie I ever saw, so there's a reason it sticks out I guess. First video game I played which was either Yoshi's Island or Mario 64.

Besides that, either I have a boring life or a terrible memory because I can't remember much else.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
SM64 (DS) was my first ever video game. I got it for my 6th or 7th birthday, I think. That was amazing.

When I saved my friend's life on a camping trip was also eye opening. Before that, I kinda thought that nothing bad could happen to kids my age, but if I wasn't there, that kid would be dead. That opened my eyes the most in life

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom