• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mikau and Darmani Revived?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I've been wondering this ever since I saw the credits of Majora's Mask. Mikau is seen (in Link form) on stage performing with the Indigo's. So does this mean Darmani is now alive? I know that the butler's son is not alive, however I believe I have a solution as to why Mikau is alive.

Zelda had said in your flashback that "the Goddess of Time is always protecting you." So what if the Goddess of Time had infact been the reason that everything is right in the end.
What if the Goddess of Time had done all this because the events of Majora's Mask were "irregular." Link created time paradoxes whenge bring back in time masks that should have never gotten in his possession at that point of time. That if, she made everything occur as if it was a normal balance and fixed things that were needed to make the balance right thus leading to the revival of Mikau and Darmani. Mikau needed to have saved the Zora people, so if he was dead during the whole time, then it does not make much sense. Darmani needs to become the new patriatch of the village and to have saved Snowhead from freezing.
Now I also have a theory on why the Deku Butler's son was never revived. Perhaps he had been killed sometime before the events of Majora's Mask and thus could not be helped.

Now this is only a theory that could probably be thrown off into the wind. However shaky evidence is there. And you can't shake off that two paradoxes (Mikau alive and Deku dead) exist.

Last edited:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i don't think i fully understand what you are trying to say.
But if Mikau is alive, that doesn't mean Darmani has suddenly revived.

Now i also think that its kinda strange that you see Mikau/Zora Link at the end.
So or it is Link or it is Mikau. But since link left before the carnival, then it has too be Mikau

But why only Mikau is alive you ask. Well its quite logical.
- Butler's deku son was already dead before you even enter clock town.
- Darmani is also dead since day 1.
- But Mikau, well he actually is still alive at your first encounter.

So if you play the song of time, everything starts from day one again right?
So basicly Mikau is alive and supossed to float injured at the sea again. But yeah whats the point of that?

But why is it in link form.
Well, dunno but at zora hall in Mikau's and the fat drummers room, you can find the diary of Mikau.
the diary of Mikau it said that his fave color this week is green.

these are the only logical i can come up with.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic

Now i also think that its kinda strange that you see Mikau/Zora Link at the end.
So or it is Link or it is Mikau. But since link left before the carnival, then it has too be Mikau

So basicly Mikau is alive and supossed to float injured at the sea again. But yeah whats the point of that?

Well, dunno but at zora hall in Mikau's and the fat drummers room, you can find the diary of Mikau.

Darmani died because of the curse that happened in Snowpeak. He was blowned away and was recently put in his grave. He technically died before the first day but during the time that the moon was in the sky. I mean if Snowpeak was cursed then that means that the moon had to be in the sky. The events of Majora's Mask could have probably been four days, but you only started it after the first day.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

i like this. sounds like a solid theory to me.

Darmani died because of the curse that happened in Snowpeak. He was blowned away and was recently put in his grave. He technically died before the first day but during the time that the moon was in the sky. I mean if Snowpeak was cursed then that means that the moon had to be in the sky. The events of Majora's Mask could have probably been four days, but you only started it after the first day.

it wouldnt matter. if darmani was dead before you even get to Termina then he will stay dead even if you went back in time because you can only go back to when you arrive, basically. even if you beat Majora and go back to day 1, he was already dead.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
it wouldnt matter. if darmani was dead before you even get to Termina then he will stay dead even if you went back in time because you can only go back to when you arrive, basically. even if you beat Majora and go back to day 1, he was already dead.

Your probably right. But then my theory still holds.
However I think perhaps Darmani was revived but it's only a hunch. Because the Goron Elder had said that he was to become the new Patriach of the Gorons. Plus if you notice how the Gorons are all but absent from the credits makes me think that Majora was not entirely finished. I think the Gorons could not be implemented into the credits because of time restrictions.
I think whether Darmani was revived or not could only be answered properly by Nintendo.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I don't think this works out. Correct me if I'm wrong, it has been a while since I've last played and/or beaten MM, but doesn't the game end at "The Dawn of a New Day"? That means the game went onto the previously non-existent fourth day, no?

In order for Mikau to be alive at the end, then time would have gone back to the Dawn of the First Day, who or whatever killed Mikau does not, and time fast forwards to the fourth day all without Link's or our knowledge.

I've always figured the Mikau in the final scene was Link giving the band one last show, to which he felt somewhat obligated, maybe for Mikau's sake.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't think this works out. Correct me if I'm wrong, it has been a while since I've last played and/or beaten MM, but doesn't the game end at "The Dawn of a New Day"? That means the game went onto the previously non-existent fourth day, no?

In order for Mikau to be alive at the end, then time would have gone back to the Dawn of the First Day, who or whatever killed Mikau does not, and time fast forwards to the fourth day all without Link's or our knowledge.

I've always figured the Mikau in the final scene was Link giving the band one last show, to which he felt somewhat obligated, maybe for Mikau's sake.

We saw Link leave nearly instantly on Epona. Tatl and Tael and Skull Kid are the witnesses. He was found in the forest at the time the credits rolled (while the Carnival was taking place.)

It kind of makes sense...I think...re-reading it, I see hwat you mean. This might be a good explanation...But it's still slightly confusing.

I don't believe Mikau was alive. Mikau had a unique, different appearance back when you pulled him out of the water (as well as on the double that the Elegy of Emptiness creates.) Link looks different when he turns into Mikau. Since it was the Link version playing in the credits, I think Link just went back to jam with them. That or they just wanted to show the Indigo Gos playing, and needed to show Mikau even though it didn't make sense.

As for the whole thing in the credits where it shows everyone got helped even though you had to go back in time repeatedly... my opinion is that each time Link went back in time, he didn't undo what he had done. In other words, I think there was a bunch of Links running around, each being one who had gone back in time, all helping different people in Termina.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't believe Mikau was alive. Mikau had a unique, different appearance back when you pulled him out of the water (as well as on the double that the Elegy of Emptiness creates.) Link looks different when he turns into Mikau. Since it was the Link version playing in the credits, I think Link just went back to jam with them. That or they just wanted to show the Indigo Gos playing, and needed to show Mikau even though it didn't make sense.

As for the whole thing in the credits where it shows everyone got helped even though you had to go back in time repeatedly... my opinion is that each time Link went back in time, he didn't undo what he had done. In other words, I think there was a bunch of Links running around, each being one who had gone back in time, all helping different people in Termina.

Well Mikau did state that his special color is green, so it is possible that he had gotten into a green outfit when he went to play. It could possibly go either way; however I will state that Link was seen going off on Epona by three witnesses.

Also if there were many Link's running around, that would cause a few problems wouldn't you think? Even the Goddess of Time or Nayru would think that would cause chaos.

Well Mikau did state that his special color is green, so it is possible that he had gotten into a green outfit when he went to play. It could possibly go either way; however I will state that Link was seen going off on Epona by three witnesses.

Also if there were many Link's running around, that would cause a few problems wouldn't you think? Even the Goddess of Time or Nayru would think that would cause chaos.
I'm pretty sure the special color thing was just a hidden joke, and was a reference to Link coming into the storyline. (And wasn't it his "lucky color?")

I don't think so, considering the idea would be all the Links going different places, helping different people.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'm pretty sure the special color thing was just a hidden joke, and was a reference to Link coming into the storyline. (And wasn't it his "lucky color?")

I don't think so, considering the idea would be all the Links going different places, helping different people.

It was a reference but it was still holding meaning in it.

Think about what would happen to a Link that has reversed time to reach a moon that has suddenly dissappeared because he caught up to another Link. It's possible and it's very confusing the goddess of time one as least protects our brains..

It was a reference but it was still holding meaning in it.

Think about what would happen to a Link that has reversed time to reach a moon that has suddenly dissappeared because he caught up to another Link. It's possible and it's very confusing the goddess of time one as least protects our brains..
Think of it this way:

Link goes to Woodfall and saves it, then goes back in time. Then he goes to all the other areas, and saves them individually before going back in time. There's no "alternate universe" phenomenon. It's just the same exact person going back in time and running around doing different things. Eventually, that single Link will go up and stop the moon, resulting in everything being fixed in all the areas and the moon being stopped. It doesn't sound that complex to me...

...Uh... I'm good at thinking with time-travel... Too much sci-fi I suppose.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Wow, I have never seen so many educated posts in one area before! Though what Onilink said is completely correct, Mikau would just have washed up on land injured but not dead. Plus, coupled with his Diary, I think you have your explanation right there! I agree with this one more than any others because it has the proof to back it up. Though I was going to say the Diary thing :P

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei

Lol thats a weird but interesting tought.
But still what i mentioned in my first post is just based on facts and logic.

but about the whole undoing thing, in this case i can thing of 2 methods of time travel, or he did jump/travel to day 1 each time, or he reversed time till day one each time. Either way, all the things he has done is back to normal. And thats why in logic Mikau should float everytime.

But the whole logic about multiple links in each time travel, if nintendo was really thinking that way, then is would also mean that the whole OOT split timeline theory doesn't make any sense, in fact it would disprove the whole split timeline theory. I was just giving an example, because i understand your tought about this form of timetravel because its the most logical reason. But some way, it doesn't play a role in these titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom