• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miiverse

Dan

So let us gather around and look into this together. Firstly I'm bi-curious, and armed with a few question.

• Does anyone actively use Nintendo's miiverse service?
  • What do you think of miiverse?
  • What improvements do you think Nintendo could implement to improve miiverse?

I personally have always been bi-curious over the other functions my wii u holds, mostly because its not so big game library, which has made me venture out into other parts of my Wii u. (On a side not us Europeans still don't have nintendo tvii, despite the wii u being around for nearly 2 years)
I've taken a few peaks at Miiverse without really understanding what purpose it actually holds, sure I see miiverse on the "dashboard", but there has to be more than simply random comments about the latest game releases right, from what I can gather there really isn't much to miiverse.
Nintendo seem to be putting a lot of work into Miiverse, including 3DS support...

Miiverse is a total waste in my humble bundle opinion, do people actually look at random comments from other people that normally hold no more than one sentence stating "bower iz toasted"?
I could understand if the Miiverse was structured around the principle of having a discussion over the game, but it doesn't really appear that way to me.

I realize i'm quite late in bringing this up, but I really am curious if others actually use it, and if others also believe Nintendo are putting in too much effort to such a feature. It does appear that many people use miiverse...

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I actually use Miiverse a lot. I've met some pretty nice people and have had some fruitful game discussions. You just have to look in the right places. But to do that... you'd have to go back in time. The Zelda Community went wrong after the 3DS was added.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Just a lil' bit. As of late, all I've been posting is the completion of some Kid Icarus: Uprising challenges as I do them, which right now mainly consists of doing chapters on 9.0 intensity. I hardly browse, although a quick peak at a few communities isn't uncommon of me.

Fig

The Altruist
Miiverse can a be a great community at times but most of the time whenever I log into Miiverse, it's just a clustered mess. 90% of the posts in Miiverse just give me such a migraine but what really annoys me is how many of these people actually believe that their ideas are the best to the point that they will sue Nintendo for not implementing their idea into Super Smash Bros. or other titles that Nintendo is currently working on. This video should is but just a fraction of what Miiverse consists of on a daily basis.

[video=youtube;JTv0ax-aQSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTv0ax-aQSk[/video]

Fig

The Altruist
I actually draw in Miiverse a fair bit. No. You can't see.

That reminds me, while I did state that Miiverse can give a user a migraine simply on the majority of its content, there are positive things to look forward within the Miiverse community such as drawings from fantastic artists, actual discussions with logic, and of course messages and posts from the developers such as Masahiro Sakurai or Eiji Aonuma! These few aspects of the Miiverse community really bring me back on a daily basis simply because that there are users that use their effort and time creating unique and wonderful posts on Miiverse.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Does anyone actively use Nintendo's miiverse service?
Absolutely not.
What do you think of miiverse?
It's a large sack of garbage.
What improvements do you think Nintendo could implement to improve miiverse?
Remove it. Have content regulation so there is on-topic discussion.

Absolutely not.
It's a large sack of garbage.
Remove it. Have content regulation so there is on-topic discussion.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I do, but I only use it for drawing purposes and to keep in touch with friends. Other than that, Miiverse doesn't serve too much of a purpose for me.

Lucia X said:
It's alright, I guess. It's not my favorite place to visit, as the community is largely infested with 12 year olds who have the attention span of a squirrel. There's a whole lot of dating on Miiverse too, which is really annoying. Who knew 10-12 year olds were so thirsty. :P

Lucia X said:

Add colors!! I wanna draw in colors! I know the 3DS has this little notepad system where you can draw/write in black, yellow, blue, and red. I don't see why this same function can't be added to Miiverse. Also, loosen up on the rules while still keeping them strict. AFAIK you're not allowed to post your FC? How do you expect communities such as Pokémon X/Y to flourish if you can't share FCs? I don't know if they ever lightened up on that rule, but it seems kind of ridiculous to have.

Oh, and rule of thumb: don't visit the Smash Community, lol.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
•Does anyone actively use Nintendo's miiverse service? I draw on it quite a bit
•What do you think of miiverse? I enjoy drawing, but I F***ing hate the censorship. They need to make an unmoderated section where I can draw the things I want to draw. Often my pictures contain Nintendo characters blazing it up or are graphically violent or contain 'political themes' (sriously they don't even allow you to draw barako barma joining the battle on the smash boards)so allot of them get taken down.
•What improvements do you think Nintendo could implement to improve miiverse? I just said basically, get rid of the censorship. They seem to accept pointless spam but I can't express my creativity.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I use Miiverse a lot. However, the only communities I ever go to are the Tomodachi Life community (Which is probably the most sensible out of all of the communities and can sometimes supply a good laugh.) and the YouTube community, which despite it's stupidity is a nice place to see drawings and chat with people from other countries. The only thing that could be improved is adding a function to zoom in on drawings, and making the wait time in between posts about a minute less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom