• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miiverse is the Worst Garbage I Have Ever Used in My Life.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I used to love you Miiverse. I used to like how I could make funny little doodles and people would like them. I used to like... Well that's about it.

Miiverse, it's not you, it's your community. When I see people begging to have Optimus Prime in Smash it just chisles away at my soul. Your community is so mixed that nobody knows what's going on. Upon entering the Zelda community I saw that the first post said "Yu-gi-oh". And you know what? That post is a basic summary of your community. Nobody evens. Your community is a chaotic bucket of molten tobacco juice mixed with the most unsavory streams of conciousness known to man. I'm don't even know what to do with you, Miiverse. I want to love you, but I can't. Because reasons.

So what are some poor experiences my fellow ZDers have had with Miiverse.

Maniacal Ezlo

Bumpkin
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
I don't have a lot of experience with miiverse, having only received my 3DS a week ago, but I have used it a little bit. I didn't see any Yu-Gi-Oh posts, but I did learn from somebody very wise that playing ALBW on the toilet makes the game more enjoyable. Having tried that for myself, I would have to disagree... in the shower is a much better place to play!

So in the end, despite the great things about miiverse, there are some people who post absolutely ridiculous things thzt nobody agrees with... Overall, I believe it to be a cool and interesting community, even though it does have its drawbacks.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Miiverse is pointless and stupid. I've seen people post doodles of d1cks and say "who's that Pokemon?" and then go like "it's pen15!"

Why would Nintendo make their own social networking thing? Haven't we got enough already?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I can't say I've had a bad experience with Miiverse so far. Everyone seems to be pretty friendly and nice. There have been one or two people I've seen leave snarky remarks or be unnecessarily mean, but you get that everywhere.

My favourite thing about Miiverse so far has been how The Wind Waker HD's community really put a lot of effort into sharing pictographs for the Nintendo Gallery side-quest. It really helped reduce the time that took and made me feel like I was part of a much bigger thing, which is what Miiverse was all about in the first place.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I actually like Miiverse, althought granted, I've my wii u for all of five days. I like seeing people's comments about various games, and like cfrock said, the comments on WWHD are simply awesome. Maybe I'll find it more irratating as I use it more, but I don't mind. That's the mainstream stuff where any fool can join. If I seek intelligent and interesting video game conversation, then that's why I have Zelda Dungeon. I love this site.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My main disappointment with Miiverse on 3DS is that you can't send private messages to your friends.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've actually enjoyed Miiverse now that it's been released for the 3DS. I love creating drawings and sharing them in different communities, however, the limitations set for 3DS users seem highly absurd. We're not allowed to share Friend Codes whatsoever, otherwise users will be penalized. Furthermore, there's essentially no means of communication with other users, so you're stuck with having Followers that you can't necessarily talk to. Also, I've noticed that a lot users tend to make heavily off-topic posts pertaining to certain communities. I just assume that this is their way to try to communicate with others given the restrictions set on them. I have a strong feeling that Nintendo is letting users pay the consequences for the misuse of Swapnote. It's rather unfortunate when you think about it. Nonetheless, I enjoy seeing all of the talent throughout the various communities.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I've never actually seen anyone trolling on Miiverse. It's mainly posts asking for help, documenting progress in a game, or creative drawings. If something comes across to you as inappropriate or bothersome, you can always report it, and since its Nintendo's family friendly services we're talking about, it'll be handled promptly. I don't think off-topic posts are particularly hurtful to Miiverse's quality either as long as they somewhat pertain to gaming. I once asked what peoples' most anticipated games of 2014 were in the A Link Between Worlds group, for example. I suppose Nintendo could create a "General Discussion" community where anything could be talked about, but it's not really an issue for me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Honestly I think it's the reverse. Socializing on Miiverse sucks, but the community is way better than the online community.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Miiverse is a police state governed by Nintendrones. That being said, there is some enjoyment to be had. I like that we can leave Yeahs! and things like that. I like doodling. I like how it isn't PERSONALIZED - it treats every user like another average joe, which really is what we are. I love how I'm instantly redirected to the community of the game that I'm currently playing. All of that is cool.

I don't like that I can't share FCs on 3DS (seriously Nintendo, why have FCs anyway? 3DS is new tech ;p). I don't like that I can't say what I want when I want. I don't like being restricted on character limits. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom