• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midnight Releases, Do You Go?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I have also only been to two. The first was for GTAIV and some chavs started giving hassle because they thought I was pushing in the line when I arrived. An elderly woman approached me at one point with a small child in tow and asked "Is this the line for the Grand Theft Auto?" And they blame us when young children get their hands on 18-rated games.

The second was for Resident Evil 5 and it was entirely uneventful but the taxi driver on the way home was talking on his phone while watching a DVD on a portable DVD player on the passanger seat. He seemed to value basic safety while driving, keeping his eyes on the road for as little time as humanly possible. I fell asleep not long after getting home so it wasn't really worth going for the midnight launch.

I kinda went off midnight launches after that. There was no real excitement, just standing around very tired and paying £16 for the privilege of going home only to then fall asleep and not play the game until the morning anyway.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Only Midnight Release I ever attended was at Gamestop for Mass Effect 3. In retrospect I wish I hadn't even bothered...

I'm usually up all night anyway, might as well get out for some air. :D

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I go to midnight releases for every game that I get a chance to go to, except Call of Duty midnight releases.

Earliest one I can remember going to was the Twilight Princess one at my gamestop, nothing special really happened at the release itself.

The Super Smash Brothers Brawl one is no doubt the best one I've been to yet, there was a Melee tournament, and I got 1st place winning both a free copy of SSBB and a poster.

I've been to about 15-20 of them since then, most recent one being Halo 4 I believe.

I love midnight releases, always meet at least one cool person at them and get some fresh air. I'm usually up all night anyway, so no loss for me.

Skyward Sword was the last one I went to. It was a waste of a night to be honest.

Other than that I've been to a Madden midnight release a few years ago and the PS3 launch midnight release.

I will probably go to the Grand Theft Auto 5 midnight release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom