• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midnas Final Words

8-BitHero

At the end of Twilight Princess Midna leaves Hyrule with unfinished words. She says "link..I..I.." and goes without finishing. What do u think she would have finished that sentence with? I personally think she wouldve said "I love you" tell me what you think!

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Yes I think that she would have said that or something extremely similar to it. Conveying your feelings to someone will most likely cause some hesitation, unlike most other topics. So I agree with you 8-BitHero.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I agree with both of you. I'm pretty sure she was trying to tell him how she feels, but she would never see him again so yeah. It also might be kinda awkward with Zelda there too :P

Epona

Ordon Village
I think she might have said "I'm sorry." For treating Link badly at the beginning of the game, and also for what she was about to do, which was destroy the only possible way of them ever seeing each other again.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I'm not sure, I'm still deciding with 8-bit hero's idea, and Epona's. But, *sniffles* they are both very touching.

I think the very point of those words were to inspire discussion like this. I'm not sure Nintendo had any true intention to finish that sentence. Even so, that's what speculation is for. Even more interesting, the Japanese text is translated differently than what we see in the English version of the game. There is no "I..."; It simply translates to "See you later."

But I agree with you guys. It's most likely along the lines of "I love you." or "I'm sorry." or "I'll miss you." I think the "I..." is far more effective, though. Proves that she does feel something for Link, but doesn't want to torment him with that knowledge right before she leaves his life forever. Very touching.

Doesn't want to torment him with the knowledge of being missed, so instead torments him with the possibility of it. What a ***** :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Maybe she would have said something like: I love you to come with me Link. But Midna knew it wouldn have been impossible because they both belonged to different worlds. It is what Zant said that they couldn't collide. I think Midna knew this and maybe this was why she destroyed the mirror to prevend herself from returning to the world of light. She certainly had feelings for Link. It is always fun to speculate about her last words. Maybe it would have been: I'm sorry for causing you all these troubles, or I thank you for saving my world or whatever. But most likely would indeed have been the "I love you" line

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've heard a lot of people say Midna was going to say "I love you." I honestly don't believe that. A lot of people associate romance with Link and whatever female he tends to meet, so naturally this would be one of the first things to pop into people's heads. However, throughout the game, Link and Midna never showed any romantic relationship with each other. In truth, the only romantic relationship Link showed was with Ilia. I believe Midna was going to say something more like "I'm sorry" for what she was about to do to the mirror. Or maybe she wasn't really going to say anything specific but "I" just came out because she didn't know what to say.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Random Person has a good idea, and I always thought it was "I... love you..." And Link actually I think DOES show romance a bit after the battle with ganondorf. Midna's revived in her true form and Link sighs majorly. I assume this is because he's secretly in love with her, and he was worried he was going to lose her forever. Anyway, I might now need to rethink my opinion Random Person...

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I won't lie, the first time I beat the game I assumed she was trying ot say "I love you", however, even though that particular possibility canot be ruled out, the dialogue is pretty open-ended as has been said, so one can't really tell what she was trying to say. I'm wanting to say that nothin in particular was implied and that she could have been saying whatever we felt she might say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom