• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna- One Time Thing or Continous Character?

Y

yumijanine

Well, I don't think they'll bring her back because her story is pretty much concluded, it's not that open ended.
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never seen a Zelda "sidekick" return.

I really love her a lot, In my opinion, she's been the best partner so far.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Well, I don't think they'll bring her back because her story is pretty much concluded, it's not that open ended.
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never seen a Zelda "sidekick" return.

I really love her a lot, In my opinion, she's been the best partner so far.
Yes, not the same sidekick but from the same species... Could this mean that another twili species to sidekick Link?

Nah, everyone is locked away... Or maybe someone wasn't in the realm at the time! :O

Yes, not the same sidekick but from the same species... Could this mean that another twili species to sidekick Link?

Nah, everyone is locked away... Or maybe someone wasn't in the realm at the time! :O

I doubt it, I believe that Midna is the only one that may be able to leave the Twilight Realm now because she is their leader, has powerful magic and I believe that she still has the fused shadows (I'm not sure on how much that will help her though, It probably wouldn't). So therefore could find a way to let herself leave or another being from Hyrule enter the Twilight Realm.

I don't think it would work that seeing that Midna as we knew her for some much of the game was a small, imp like creature, It really fitted to have her following Link around, she was desperate and knew that Link was her only hope of returning her people back to normal and killing her usurper.

She may however make return in cutscene's from future games on the Child Timeline, Nintendo though could easily twist her back into a future game by allowing Link to visit her constantly throughout the story for help (or whatever you can think of that would mean Link would have to find her).

In my opinion Nintendo have left it so she has permantly left the series as a main character, meaning that she has also left on a high note with fans.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
No, I believe that the only Twili to be able to leave the realm now would be Midna, That would be because she has control of powerful magic and is the leader of the Twili. I just doubt that she'll ever make an appearance as Link's sidekick again, That would be a real shame is she did leave the series as a main character in a game now but at least she has probably left on a high note.
But what if, there was one twili who was never in the realm... Who no one has heard since... Now he/she is trying to find his/her way home and bumps into link...

Okay it's not possible but think about it...

S

Shade

Personally I thought Midna was a great character and I'd love to see her come back if it were possible. She was a heck of a lot more developed as a character, and frankly, I was glad to see that Zelda wasn't the main focus as she is in almost every single Zelda game.

Now I know some will say "But the game's name is Legend of Zelda, not Legend of Midna" Well here's a news flash, personally that title should have always been Legend of LINK since he's the friggin legendary hero in the first place. How did Zelda's name get tacked on instead? I don't know... she has a good publicist and lots of money I guess.

Another note to make... I already read somewhere here that some were upset that Zelda wasn't the main focus... but they forget that this particular installment is called the Twilight Princess... something that Zelda could obviously NOT be considering where she resides and her nature as a "sage" (maybe not officially one of the 6 sages, but she certainly can be considered one) of light. So It was perfect that it was Midna, and not Zelda who was the Twilight Princess.

But I digress... back to the main point, I think that it would be great if Midna came back again. While we're at it, it would be nice also if Ganon would somehow be changed. Yes, I know, Ganon is the ultimate baddie for Link. He's like what the Joker is to Batman. But that being said, does Batman ALWAYS go after Joker in EVERY movie? No of course not! We'd get sick of the Batman movies if that's all we ever got to see. I think some of us would eventually tire of seeing Ganon in every game. Which is one of the reasons I liked Majora's mask so much. Ganon was instead replaced by a playful and devilish spirit contained in a mask and posessing whoever so wore the mask.

Dudessss she's already been replaced by masterswordgirl in Zelda wii and Zelda in Spirittracks.

She's not lasting, just like any other sidekick Link ever had.

I hated her in Twilight Princess, she's the one who ruined the game.
(Come on a playable Princess Zelda in TP? DIRECT SEQUEL OF OOT?!!)
They dropped that all because of your precious little Midna.

S

Shade

Dudessss she's already been replaced by masterswordgirl in Zelda wii and Zelda in Spirittracks.

She's not lasting, just like any other sidekick Link ever had.

I hated her in Twilight Princess, she's the one who ruined the game.
(Come on a playable Princess Zelda in TP? DIRECT SEQUEL OF OOT?!!)
They dropped that all because of your precious little Midna.

You say those things as if somehow I'm supposed to feel like I missed out? Please! A playable princess Zelda? Well I can see my wife being interested in that, but to be completely honest, Zelda never struck me as a strong character, even when she was in hiding as Sheik. I'm sorry, but I am very glad to see that nintendo is trying to add some variety to the Zelda franchise and not have EVERY single game be about her. Really, even seeing Ganon in just about every single game can be annoying too. (Hence, I imagine that's why they added Vaati and Zant as other threatening baddies, without taking ganon off the spot light)

Not to mention, Midna, even if she did just play the role of Link's "navi" type companion, she still had a heck of a lot more character than Zelda did.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel like I missed much. I'm glad nintendo went this route and put so much emphasis on such a great story, and even expanding the player's knowledge of Hyrule, its folklore and its denizens.

B

badjenea

Anyways just saying my opinion >.< ..... First Skyward Sword is another prequel ._. just to say there was nooo way Midna could be there.... I'll go to the split time theory on the second one...... the miror is shattered just in 1 period created buy the split time but it stilll exists in the other..... but again Midna doesn't know Link bla bla bla Link doesn't know about the Mirror bla bla bla and it's gonna looke like Twilight Princess so nobody is going to make this game out ._. .... yup Midna's return is posible but it would be borring, almost a copy of Twilight Princess. There is just one chance for it to go on .... only if the Twilight realm isn't affected by time =3. Well as I said it's just my theory =3 nothing personal but opened to debate =3

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I liked her too, but the only way they could make her re-appear, would be like... Tingle (forgive the bad example). He appeared in MM as a, well, guy, then he re-appears in WW all young and doesn't seem like the same person. And how he appears in OoA and MC. I understand that we've been told that there is one timeline, but unless Tingle's immortal, its utterly impossible that its the same guy! what I'm saying is she'll probably be brought back as a different person but with similar qualities like appearance and behavior. Strike me down if I've made a fool of myself...

I think she's done, and I'm glad. I loved her as a character in Twilight Princess, but I wouldn't want to see her brought back continuously and effortlessly as a fan-pleaser. She did her job in Twilight Princess - and a great job of it - but it is now time for her to leave the series.

Unless there is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess down the road, I highly doubt she'll appear. If she does appear in a direct sequel to Twilight Princess, she would hopefully not be Link's helper again; I'd be OK with her being central to the plot, perhaps, but not as a character you're with 24/7.

I'd like to reiterate that I think Midna was a great character. She's definitely one of my favorite helpers in the series, and possibly my favorite. However, to reserve any bit of legacy she has amongst the series and us fans, I sincerely hope she is not forced into another game.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
you guys forget... Zant continued to go back and forth throughout worlds withought the mirror of twilight... That means there is likeley another way.
Umm...When? As far as I remember he never actually left the Twilight Realm after the fourth dungeon. He awakened Stallord by stabbing a sword into his face (jerk!) and used it as a distraction so he could go to the top of the mirror tower and destroy the mirror. He must have slipped in just before it shattered and walked back to the throne room in the Palace of Twilight (likely laughing his butt off about how you were probably dying a slow and painful death) and sat down on the throne, using some magical means of keeping you in check. As you got closer and closer to reforming the Mirror of Twilight, he must've been becoming more and more nervous, slowly losing his grip. And when you finally reached him in the throne room, he went over the edge, fearing that you would remove him from his position of power permanently...Wow didn't expect my explanation to be that long XD.

In any case, I would FREAKING LOVE it if Midna made a come-back. Even if she didn't have a large role. I would prefer she did...a lot...but just as long as she returns and has the same character as before, I wouldn't care.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Umm...When? As far as I remember he never actually left the Twilight Realm after the fourth dungeon. He awakened Stallord by stabbing a sword into his face (jerk!) and used it as a distraction so he could go to the top of the mirror tower and destroy the mirror.

This may be true however; Yes he was able to travel between Twilight and Light realms however, perhaps the Triforce of Power gave him the opportunity to Travel between each realm. Remember Midna was banished so perhaps he thought she might come back and try and reclaim the throne so he shattered the Mirror of Twilight to avoid this from happening.

But as we don't see Zant appear in Hyrule after the Mirror is Shattered it makes sense that he could of Transported between the realms and then smashed it. The only time we do see him in Hyrule after that however is when Zant teleports around to the various boss/mini boss chambers by means of a glowing portal (perhaps similiar to the TM) and perhaps this uses the same power of TM in on way or another.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
Well, I have played Tp but not beat it. Yet I kinda... read all the spoilers. So if she did appear again it would have to be a WW type cameo with the stained glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom