• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna and Majora Related?

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
i think that maybe midna form TP and majora are related somehow..especialy since those games are supposed to be around the same time...heres a picture to help you think.what are your thoughts?

No. Not at all, why would you think an alternate Devil would by related to my sassy Midna? This better fits under "World of Zelda" just so you know.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Most people have thought there is a relation between the Ancient Tribe from MM and the Twili from TP. Majora is not directly related to Midna, but they both could be related in the sense they both play or played a part in the Ancient Tribe.

Most people use the eye thing as evidence of a connection between Majora and the Twili. I've never bought into it and certainly don't believe there's a direct connection between Midna and Majora. You have to remember that she was only wearing the fused shadow, a relic built long before she even existed.

the eye thing wasn't just thrown in there tho, it's obviously a clue or something. I kinda think the ancient tribe is the twili, i mean, the word ancient could be the same as the relic being built before she existed?

but to touch on the OP, MM and TP aren't around the same time lol, TP and WW are, just in diff dimensions. TP is 100 years after OOT/MM

I can see the small physical connection you perceive but believe there is no correlation beyond that. The two characters could not be more polar. Majora is a demon who wishes to cause death, devastation, and destruction by crushing the world of Termina within 72 hours. Midna, however, is the Twilignt Princess who wishes to destroy Zant, Ganondorf, and the Dark Tribe altogether. The two represent conflicting values and embody different ideals completely.

This is an interesting theory. It doesn't make any sense, of course, but it is interesting nonetheless. I really enjoyed reading some of the comments talking about little clues and such, which is hilarious as I am certain that no one working on the Zelda series thinks about plot connections enough to sprinkle little clues here and there. I can kind of see how you might've found a thematic resemblance between Midna's mask and Majora's face, but even if there was an intentional homage in the design I am pretty certain that it is totally irrelevant and in no way connects the two characters. I don't really think Majora is related to any other characters; that's what makes him cool.

zellinkda

one of many
first of all, these are just my opinions. I understand your thinking, but at the same time I understand that that would be sort of impossible. lets consider a few things here first.
1. I personally don't like it when people state majora's mask as a person, by calling it majora. the reason being that it's a mask that is haunted by a spirit, if that. hard to be related to that.
2. Hyrule, the twilight realm, and termina are completely different lands and i don't even KNOW how you would possibly get to termina. relations between the mask and a twili queen would be pretty darn slim.

now compare midna's mask to her eye. they are completely different in shape and in impression. it may be just something to remind us of old zelda games like majora's mask.

Pen

The game is on!
I really don't think that Midna and Majora themselves have anything to do with one another. However, according to my theory I do think that the Fused Shadow is the Hyrulian counterpart to the Terminian Majora's Mask.

That's all I got to say.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Theories on Majora's Mask and Fused Shadow

Hey everyone, its been quite a while since ive posted but i just want to hear what you guys think the relationship between Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadow. Personally and realistically i believe it was just Nintendo's idea of a great Easter Egg as one of the eyes on Majora's Mask shows up on the Fused Shadow. But my inner theorist has it's own idea. Both masks could've been made by the same tribe as entity that Majora forms is kind of Spider like, and the form that Midna takes when she wears the full Fused Shadow also forms a spider-like creature.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I agree, the makers of Majoras Mask and the Fused Shadows were the same people. The Twili are closely related to the Fused Shadows so I think it is possible that the Twili are the "nameless tribe" described in The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask. This would make the Dark Interlopers (Who become the Twili) the makers of both objects. The Interlopers and the nameless tribe both created strange idol-like objects. As you stated, the two objects in quesiton also look very similar. They also had similar uses. The Happy Mask salesman stated that the tribe used Majoras Mask in their evil hexing rituals. The Fused Shadows were also used for dark magic, specifically breaking into the sacred realm in the Interlopers attempt to steal the Triforce. However, the Happy Mask Salesman also states that the nameless tribe had vanished by the time that the events of The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask happend. This would mean that the nameless tribe/Interlopers had to be banished to the Twilight Realm before The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask happend. So, I fully agree with your theory. With the exception of Majoras Mask being "spider-like". To me, Majoras mask looks like a mask.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't think any of the perceived similarities are enough to tie both objects to the same creators. The closest thing I'm willing to humor is that they're counterparts from parallel dimensions like most of the MM characters. The ancient tribe vanishing is a nice coincidence, but it in no way implies that they were sealed in the TR or went to Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom