• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Midna and Link...... Love???

D.Marsden

Mistress Link
Was Midna in love with Link? Because at the end of TP, she seems to be really hurt to leave him. And what was up with her shattering the mirror!!!??? She could keep her place under control right?! :dry:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There has been said a huge lot about this already. One can only speculate. She could have seen him as a good friend who said "goodbye" to her partner she grew attached to. But maybe she felt some love.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmmm... Good question.

I'd say she probably had a bit of a crush on Link ( come on who doesnt ;) )
Proabably not much more than that besides a great friendship

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Midna obviously has a crush on Link, but I don't think Link ever realized she did. If he did, it was right before she left, but I highly doubt he ever developed feelings for her. He's completely in love with Ilia. That's made very clear in the story.

As far as the Mirror thing goes, my guess is she shattered it to make sure nothing like what happened would ever happen again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not exactly sure Midna was in love with our Hylian Hero. I'd say she was more fond of him than anything.

Fig

The Altruist
I personally believed that she was in love with Link. I may not have specific proof right to prove this your statement, but I believe Midna does show some signs of liking Link, with the ending as the best evidence to support your statement. Here's why I think that Midna really like Link:

1. She said that statement when Link was "staring" at her beauty. "What? Say something. Is it because I'm so beautiful that you can't say words?" (This quote isn't exact, but Midna does say something to those lines.)
2. When she broke the mirror, it is possible that she did it to prevent from ever thinking about Link again. It does sound contradicting, but that's what most teenagers and adults tend to do when they realize that it could never between their crush.

These are just my reasons and you don't have to agree with me, aw long as you respect my side of the statement, this I'll respect yours. I hope thos helps you out in your understanding of why you think Kinda would like Link! Have a great day! ^^

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
2. When she broke the mirror, it is possible that she did it to prevent from ever thinking about Link again. It does sound contradicting, but that's what most teenagers and adults tend to do when they realize that it could never between their crush.

Huh. I never thought about it like that. I still think what I said is part of it, but that's very likely a big reason, as well.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think Midna always intended to shatter that mirror. She did it to prevend the two worlds to mix again. Midna knew his destiny was to be in Hyrule and to protect Hyrule. And for Link being completely in love with Ilia I doubt. In the beginning he might have been for sure but after a while you see him change. He left again at the end of the credits. Ilia was waiting for him but he left. I won't be surprised if he would serve as a knight for Hyrule. One can only speculate

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I think she saw him as more of a close friend than anything. She was an imp for the vast majority of the game, so any physical attraction between them wouldve been one sided until the very end. He obviously found her true form hot. Her imp form...not so much.

And like everyone else said, she shattered the mirror so the whole fiasco wouldnt happen again.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yeah, Midna sure as crap loved Link. I actually, throughout the entire game, thought that Midna was really cute in some sort of evil way. I have a warped mind. :/

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I think Midna did have a crush on Link, mostly just a small one that she probably devolped on him, i mean look at her, she teases link every once in awhile, wich is ovously her flirting with him.

MIDNA AND LINK are the only couple I've been totally for in the history of Zelda. I really wanted something at the end of TP, a kiss, a hug, an I LOVE YOU (ok, maybe that's pushing it).
I think Midna's infatuation of Link was actually made quite obvious in the game. Of course it's mainly from my wishful thinking, but we really do see a relationship build and grow over the course of the game. At first they both seem annoyed with each other, as "necessary annoyances" in a sense, to get what they pleased. But as the game continues on, we see Midna begin to open up and become more and more personal with Link, eventually revealing her true identity to him. (And who else freaked out when she LAID HER HAND ON HIS CHEEK IN THE GERUDO DESERT??)

There's not too many topics in Zelda I get super-nerdy with, but as you can see, this is one of them. I want them to be together, I want Midna back in another Zelda game! They need to fall in love if it has not happened so already :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom