• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Mid Game Cutscene!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, thank you, I've been DYING to see this scene in its entirety!

Haha, I like how everything's all intense and then it just goes *DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN*

goddessharpget.jpg

Last edited:
GOOD LORD WHY DID I WATCH?!
OH MY GOODNESS SO MUCH GOING THROUGH MY HEAD
IMPA IS AWESOME
WAS THAT THE MIRROR OF TWILIGHT THEY WENT INTO ?!
WHAT REALM/WORLD/AREA DID THAT THING SEND THEM TO??
WHO IS THE OLD WOMEN IN THE SEALED GROUNDS ?!
-NERDGASM FAINT ALL OVER THE FLOOR-

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
OK, I haven't looked at the more intense spoilers but, the girl really is Impa, right?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Did anybody else notice Impa gave us numerous options to respond with? Yet another immersive quality I love about this game! Not only do we get to literally become one with Link but also get to consider his answers and reply as he might see fit. I can only imagine what Impa would've said if the player answered "Am I late?" :D

And I still find myself puzzled over what that cog Zelda was singing to (I'd love a track on its own of her serenading) is for. Just looking this cutscene over I can tell a lot of heart will went into each. They'll be filled with the usual silly moments and now suspense, as this one showed.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Did anybody else notice Impa gave us numerous options to respond with? Yet another immersive quality I love about this game! Not only do we get to literally become one with Link but also get to consider his answers and reply as he might see fit. I can only imagine what Impa would've said if the player answered "Am I late?" :D

And I still find myself puzzled over what that cog Zelda was singing to (I'd love a track on its own of her serenading) is for. Just looking this cutscene over I can tell a lot of heart will went into each. They'll be filled with the usual silly moments and now suspense, as this one showed.

Does Zelda still sing in Japanese for the english version? Sorry, I'm relying on people who watched the video 'cause I don't wanna spoil it :dry: . If she does sing in Japanese, then *sigh*. I wanted to know what she says. -_-

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Does Zelda still sing in Japanese for the english version? Sorry, I'm relying on people who watched the video 'cause I don't wanna spoil it :dry: . If she does sing in Japanese, then *sigh*. I wanted to know what she says. -_-

I would actually not want to know what she says, just to make it more magical.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"Am I late?"

Perfect response, just to wipe that fricken ego off of her head. I can't wait for the multiple pathway, hopefully multiple [slightly altering?] ending story! This cutscene is grand!

Gotta love 2:44; Link is so like "I know he's gonna pop up behind me, I'm ready for this...."

what is with this ridiculous idea zelda is exempt from voice acting while all other series require it? while zelda is no worse without it, it WOULD be exponentially better if it DID have it. this scene is a great example. tons more impact if you could hear ghirahim yelling and zelda being all HERE LINK and impa being like GO NOW, FIND THE FLAMES or something.

why do nintendo fanboys (and nintendo themselves) refuse like stubborn children to enter the 21st (hell, late 20th) century of video gaming and give us some damn voice acting?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
what is with this ridiculous idea zelda is exempt from voice acting while all other series require it? while zelda is no worse without it, it WOULD be exponentially better if it DID have it. this scene is a great example. tons more impact if you could hear ghirahim yelling and zelda being all HERE LINK and impa being like GO NOW, FIND THE FLAMES or something.

why do nintendo fanboys (and nintendo themselves) refuse like stubborn children to enter the 21st (hell, late 20th) century of video gaming and give us some damn voice acting?

The way I see it, voice acting would ruin the series' immersion. We enter Link's mind through his silence, and that of others, and become one with the environment. It's what makes Zelda unique from the myriad of other games out there. Taking away that muteness would have LoZ join with he ranks of others. While many would prefer this I see it as a detriment to the formula that Nintendo established to begin with. They do a spectacular job with the text-dialogue as it is, making us feel part of the game in every possible way.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The way I see it, voice acting would ruin the series' immersion. We enter Link's mind through his silence, and that of others, and become one with the environment. It's what makes Zelda unique from the myriad of other games out there. Taking away that muteness would have LoZ join with he ranks of others. While many would prefer this I see it as a detriment to the formula that Nintendo established to begin with. They do a spectacular job with the text-dialogue as it is, making us feel part of the game in every possible way.

I'm really amused by how you assume Link automatically has to talk just because others do. That's not the case. Just look at Metroid Prime 3. Samus didn't talk, but everyone else did. And it worked tremendously and didn't feel invasive. Nintendo would never make Link talk. They know not to, and for the reasons you stated.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I don't know if this has been said (I don't want to read every reply)... but in the text dumps it talks about going back into the past. Maybe that, what Impa called "the gate", is the way back into the past...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Voice acting means they would have to shorten the dialogue, and since the dialogue in this game so so good I don't want for it to be truncated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom