• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Pretty big news. Microsoft will acquire Activision Blizzard for almost $69 billion.

The press release talks about expanding into mobile and the value of Activision's mobile IPs as well as bringing Activision Blizzard games to Game Pass. I wonder if Call of Duty would become an Xbox console exclusive. That would be huge for the brand.

What are your thoughts on this news?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I don't really have much of an opinion on this apart from hoping that they clean things up business-wide. If it turns out well for Microsoft, then more power to them. Hopefully they can make something of the mess that A-B is.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I'm alright with it, as long as nothing about my WoW-subscription changes!
Anything on PC should stay the same, its the future of their games on other consoles I am kind of worried about. I was hoping if they cleaned up their ways I could get Overwatch 2 on the Switch but now who knows.

All companies I don’t much care for so it’s no big deal to me. Just kinda wish Microsoft would give Banjo to Nintendo if they aren’t going to use the IP at all.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't really care about any of those companies. At the very least it's good for Microsoft, at least. Overwatch is a pretty big IP, but even more so Call of Duty. Call of Duty wss perhaps one of the biggest competitors to Halo, so Microsoft now owning it will only be profitable in the long run.

i think it's very terrific, even if i don't like the compagny that microsoft has buying

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I sincerely hope this leads to the restoration of the spyro, tony hawk, and crash teams that activision dissolved and put into the call of duty teams and other ****

I'm also concerned if this'll lead to other huge company buyouts on sony's (and nintendo's?) part, b/c that's just bad news for the general gaming market

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i really hope they do some stuff with crash!
and i hope they fire all the horrible people that work/ed for actiblizz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom