• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft Microsoft E3 2019 Press Conference

MS had a pretty good press conference this year at E3.

We got a tease for the next Xbox with Halo Infinite as a launch title in 2020, Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077, Lego in Forza, more info on Gears 5 with a launch date, another trailer for Ori, Minecraft Dungeons, another new controller, some more Star Wars - both Fallen Order and Lego - and more.

What did you think of this press conference?

I thought it was boring as hell.

Most games that appear on Xbox don't appeal to me at all, so there is that.

Nothing felt fresh or exciting. The only thing I'm interested in is the new Tales game but that'll be on PS4 too, although it looks like they have changed the battle system to a more hack and slash game. Need to see more.

But yeah... nope, this presentation did nothing to make me take notice of Xbox at all.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
It was pretty... okay. The big games they did presentations on are all ones I already knew were coming, and some of them I already knew more information about than was presented.

So, nothing really new, but not that terrible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I didn't watch the conference however I saw the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer which I thought was great. My friend already spoiled the surprise at the end but having Keanu in the game is icing on the cake. The game was already going to be good coming from CDPR but they have gone the extra mile again for us.

I also saw the halo infinite trailer which was pretty unrevealing. At this point I want to know where there are going with the story in this one to see if I am gonna bother with it. Though after the deceptive halo 5 trailers you can't really trust 343 anyway.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I fell in love a little bit in some of the indie games. 12 minutes was intriguing, but I'll really get RPG Time: The legend of Wright. It looks so dang cool.

Cyberpunk I'm torn on, it feels a little too 'yo bruh swear word badass' for my tastes. But dang, that open world city is tastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Keanu was hype.

I guess my disappointment was the Scarlett tech talk. Felt a lot like empty promises, but maybe that's expected. Oh, and Gears 5 was snooze fest.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I found Microsoft's conference very disappointing. With Playstation gone this year, I thought Microsoft would pick up the slack with some surprising third party game announcements, but instead we got a bunch of indie stuff. Nothing really interested me aside from the stuff I was already looking forward to.

Battletoads was very much what I expected, and while I'm looking forward to it, it's not exactly a big E3 reveal.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps still looks amazing but we've known about that for years.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order had a much better showing here than EA's rather tame but promising gameplay presentation. But it was still just more of what we already seen elsewhere.

Borderlands 3 still looks awesome but once again, nothing new.

Gears of War 5 is by far the most disappointing thing to me during this conference. We got a tease of the story and gameplay that left us with so many questions at last year's E3. So rather than show us a gameplay demonstration of one of the more exciting moments in the campaign that shows off some new mechanics, enemies, weapons, and executions like the last 2 Gears games, we get a CGI trailer of faces and a CGI trailer for a game mode. That's it. The game releases in September and that's what they showcased at one of if not the most hyped up Microsoft Conferences ever.

The rest of the conference was nothing but lame indie games, CG trailers, expansions of old games, and mildly interesting but not exciting things. That's actually the running theme of most of the conferences this year.

The highlights were the Scarlett talk and Halo: Infinite, which left me very disappointed on my initial viewing due to such high expectations, but that aside, it's still one of the weaker Halo trailers, which is a shame because they usually have epic trailers. But very impressive nonetheless after revealing it to be the actual opening of the game.

I think hopes were too high this year, which was unrealistic because Microsoft has clearly given up on this gen and are saving their big stuff for next gen. Ninja Theory's reassurance that they're working on more games is very telling of that. They also announced their last batch of backward compatible games for the generation so they could focus on making everything backward compatible on the Scarlett and Halo is being pushed back so it could be a launch title. Microsoft is definitely ready to abandon ship.

I still have faith in Microsoft because they've definitely been making all the right moves, but the fact of the matter is, their E3 blew this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom