• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft E3 2018

We saw a lot of games at Microsoft's E3: Halo Infinite, Shekiro, Devil May Cry V, Cuphead and Sea of Thieves DLC, Forza Horizon 4, The Division 2, Fallout 76, Gears! Pop, Gears 5, and Cyberpunk 2077 to name a few.

I'd give the conference an A overall. We saw new exclusives from Microsoft's Big 3 franchises as well as several new major third party announcements like CD Projekt Red's much anticipated Cyberpunk 2077.

What did you think?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Microsoft killed it! I really think they've restored faith in their brand, which was exactly what they needed to do this E3.

Halo didn't show much but it said a lot, and that's that 343 is listening, which is exactly what fans needed to hear. Gears of War 5 looks like the proper next-gen experience that 4 failed to deliver due to its back to basics approach. Crackdown looks like insane fun, and making Terry Crews the star was honestly the best way to make the protagonist instantly likeable. They're officially working on Battletoads! They're getting previously Sony exclusive stuff like Nier: Automata and Kingdom Hearts 3, and they've acquired 5 studios to make exclusive games for the Xbox. Microsoft really got their sh*t together and 2019 is looking like a great year for the Xbox.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks like another incredible entry in the franchise and I'm really loving the setting. I didn't expect Devil May Cry 5 to be shown off at Microsoft's conference as Capcom tends to favor Sony and the rumor going around was that it would be exclusive to the PS4. Glad that wasn't true. The game looks amazing, though the focus on Nero in this trailer leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Though, I still haven't played 4, so maybe that will change. Weird though how much DMC 5 looks like the reboot, which I would have preferred they continued, but if the core DMC fanbase is satisfied with this, which I don't mind too much considering how good it looks, then I'm happy for them.

I will say, I'm a bit disappointed that 343 didn't have any words at the conference to give us more insight into Halo: Infinite and the future of the Master Chief Collection and I could have sworn Remedy was scheduled to be at the Microsoft conference with P7? Did I miss something? Was really pulling for it to be Alan Wake 2. But overall, Xbox had a very strong showing and I couldn't be anymore excited for the future of the console. Really looking forward to the rest of the conferences.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
By far the best moment of the Xbox briefing was the announcement of Halo Infinite for me. It gave off an original Halo trilogy vibe in aesthetic and music.

I'm curious what others Halo fans here think.

@Deus
@Turo602
@Mido (don't know if you play Halo anymore)

Thoughts?

That does indeed give off the kind of vibe of the original trilogy. Please let Halo 5 have been a bad dream. I won't get too excited after the absolute dissapointment of its predecessor but I am at least interested in Halo again after being put right off by the traumatizing experience last time.

I'd give the event a C at the most. Way to much boring talk and number bragging between the game reveals. Also what was revealed was just preaching to the choir. The Xbox fans will like it but people outside that small bubble will not be swayed to get an Xbox. They will either get the PS4 ports that exisr of some of those or not bother entirely. MS need to learn that this is not a room full of developers like at WWDC. They are gamers who only care about one thing. The games.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'd give the event a C at the most. Way to much boring talk and number bragging between the game reveals. Also what was revealed was just preaching to the choir. The Xbox fans will like it but people outside that small bubble will not be swayed to get an Xbox. They will either get the PS4 ports that exisr of some of those or not bother entirely. MS need to learn that this is not a room full of developers like at WWDC. They are gamers who only care about one thing. The games.

I don't think you saw the same conference everyone else did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom