• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Series Vs Zelda Series

My least favorite Metroid games are Fusion and then Other M, seriously, that game it just awful.

And Other M's pretty tight from a gameplay & visual perspective.

I'd be more than happy to make a thread solely dedicated to Other M, since it's so polarizing. I'd love to get in on this conversation too, since I have a lot to say about it.

I'll just have to do a forum search before hand and word the thread title so the mods won't kill me for duplicating some thread dating three years back, haha.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The best two Zelda games are Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

The best two Metroid games are Prime and Super Metroid.

I do believe that all four of these games are near-flawless, but when you really dig in and look at the series as a whole, Zelda just has fewer missteps and better high points. Sure, Twilight Princess is disappointing, but it's no Hunters. And while Metroid failed to move far beyond Prime, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker both build on Ocarina so well that they're frequently cited as better games by a good number of fans.

I'd take Zelda over Metroid, but I do acknowledge that Super Metroid and Prime are fantastic.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I like these two series very much. Granted, I have only played 4 Metroid games - Super Metroid and the 3 Primes. I have beaten nearly all the Zelda games except AoL and the FS games.

I can say that as of now, there are no games that are better than Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past ever. After those two games would be a fight for third spot between Metroid Prime and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Out of the 4 Metroid games I have played, Metroid Prime is my favorite, and it is a fantastic game, but I will probably always love TP and ALttP more than any Metroid game ever. And of course, when you are trying out different things, you are bound to get games that people don't like - maybe like The Wind Waker or the DS Zeldas in the case of Zelda games or Other M in the case of Metroid. In any case, I don't think these weaker games matter that much anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom