• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Metroid: Samus Returns

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ive noticed that going hard rather than smart for every boss aside from diggernaut often works out well and for the best.

I agree with this up to maybe zeta metroids at that point you have to start thinking about your attacks because they defend better

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Thats the bit that kept getting me.

Doesnt help that Samus takes loads of damage in this game.

loads is an understatement T.T it's beyond stupid when you've got all the energy tanks + the reserve have the best defense and a freaking bomb mouse takes a full tank.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
Yup it's called Diggernaut, son of a ***** took me 2 hours and about 60 deaths to kill. Stage 3 is beyond stupid if you don't know how to do it T.T

That is about how long it took me to beat him. I had to look up how to beat Stage 3, myself.

That is about how long it took me to beat him. I had to look up how to beat Stage 3, myself.

I hated the Diggernaut fight at first - it seemed really cheap, Samus took too much damage, and I didn't really get why they suddenly put this tough-as-nails boss in a Metroid game when we haven't had a super frustrating boss since Prime 2.

I immediately had a huge appreciation for Diggernaut once I finally beat it. It's such a highly technical fight - you have to be spot-on with reaction time and recognizing when it telegraphs an attack, it's actually super similar to an old-school Mega Man X Maverick boss fight. You absolutely cannot beat it the first time, it's too complex for that. But you get the pattern down, practice it over and over, and before you know it, you can take it out without a problem. I think I died to him like two times on my second playthrough, because that's all it took to get me back into the groove and strategy I had figured out the first time.

Not going to defend the chase sequence though. It's really out of place, and insta-kill is almost never a good thing in any game. It's pretty much the one part of Samus Returns that I think could have been removed and nothing but good would come from it. There's other ways to build up the boss battle, like what Prime did with Meta Ridley ,what Fusion did with Nightmare, and what Other M did with Vorash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom