• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Metroid Prime: Hunters; Best Rival Hunter

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
For those of you who have played Hunters, which one of Samus' rival hunters do you think is the best? Please include a brief discription including why (armor, affinity weapon, alternate form, attacks, etc.)

Here's some descriptions of all the Hunters. These are just brief discriptions. If you want more info, you can look on Metroid Wiki

Kanden:
Kanden.jpg
Kanden was once created to be a super soldier and invincible in a labratory. But some things went wrong. Kanden then killed his creators and set out to become the ultimate bounty hunter. His affinity weapon is the Volt Driver, which when used, disorts the combat visor. When the Volt Driver is used by Kanden, it has a homing thing on it that flies toward the target. The only way to not get hurt is to shoot it, make it go far enough to stop, or take cover behind something. Kanden's alternate form is the Stinglarva which has a bomb on the tail. If the bomb has been activated and an enemy gets close enough, the bomb will home in on the target.

Kanden Logbook Scan said:
A disruptive electromagnetic field appears to surround the hunter Kanden. Analysis suggests voltage potential comparable to that found in lightning storms. Kanden carries the Volt Driver, which is capable of a charged blast that can disrupt the Combat Visor.

Stinglarva Logbook Scan said:
Bioengineered with genetic material from the galaxy's most dangerous predatory insects, Kanden can transform into the Stinglarva. This fast-moving segmented insect has a detachable regenerating tail that homes in on its target before exploding.

Hunters Manual said:
A lab experiment gone awry, Kanden was created to be the ultimate soldier, immortal and relentless. He is a ferocious, deadly and dangerously unpredictable Hunter.. To prove himself as the finest bounty hunter of them all, he now seeks to attain the ultimate power

Spire:
250px-Spire.jpg
Spire is the last of his kind. He hopes that if he solves the mystery of the Amblic's disapearace, then he has solve the mystery of the disapearance of his race and to hopefully save it. Spire's affinity weapon is the Magmaul. Only Spire can use the Magmaul's true abilities. When used, it also burns the target for a few more seconds, allowing extra damage. Spire's alternate form is the Dialanche, which can climb against walls. When attacking, the rock on it splits into 2 pieces; revolving around Spire and can cause a lot of damage. Spire is one of the 2 rival hunters who want to use the 'ultimate power' for good.

Spire Logbook Scan said:
Analysis of this creature's physiology indicates the presence of molten ferrous compounds normally found only in a planet's core. Spire is armed with the Magmaul, a weapon that lobs cohesive bursts of superheated magma.

Dialanche Logbook Scan said:
Spire's alternative form is the Dialanche, a hypercondensed ferrous orb able to roll at high speeds. The Dialanche is equipped with two retractable titanium limbs used to batter adversaries.

Hunters Manual said:
Spire is the sole remaining member of the Diamonts, an ancient silicon-based lifeform. He hopes that finding the Alimbics' source of ultimate power and solving the mystery of their lost race will help him solve the mystery of his own.

Weavel:
250px-Weavel.jpg
The Space Pirates would be interested in the 'ultimate power'. So, they decided to hire Weavel to look for it, and to bring it to them. Weavel's affinity weapon is the Battlehammer, which is a heavy-duty weapon. When Weavel uses it, it hits the target, and also explodes on contact, which could cause more damage. His alternate form is the Half-turret, which splits his body in half. The bottom half attomatically fires an emeny with the Battlehammer, while the upper half is free to roam around to collect weapons, ammo, and health. But when Weavel splits, his energy is split into half for each part. When fused back together, his energy combines. If Weavel's lower body is attacked, then the upper body will lose health as well. The upper body uses a slice that works with close ranged enemies. Weavel is the only rival hunter that has been employed to find the 'ultimate power'

Weavel Logbook Scan said:
Weavel's weapon of choice is the Battlehammer, a Heavy-Duty repeating weapon with a lethal blast radius. Maintain distance and avoid a direct hit from this high-caliber weapon.

Halfturret Logbook Scan said:
Cybernetic enhancements allow Weavel's body to detach from its mechanical lower half and convert into the Halfturret alt-form. The arms provide locomotion for the upper body, while the legs are equipped with powerful projectile weaponry.

Hunters Manual said:
This cybernetic warrior is part of a Space Pirate special unit. Badly injured in a past battle with Samus Aran, Weavel's body has been reconstructed and fused with a Power Suit. The rebuilt Weavel has become a formidable and ferocious warrior.

Sylux:
250px-Sylux.jpg
Sulyx really hates the Galactic Federation for some unknown reason, and hates Samus for working for the Galactic Federation. He stole his power suit, his ship, and the Shock Coil, which were all Federation prototypes. His affinity weapon is the Shock Coil, which uses a concentrated burst of nuetrinos to drain the energy out of an enemy (Fun fact: Nuetrinos are harmless). When used by Sylux, all of the energy drained from the enemy heals him. The Shock Coil's damage eventually gets stronger the longer it hits a target. Sylux's alternate form is the Lockjaw, which uses bombs. If two bombs are close enough to each other, they will create a tripwire. Sylux's ship is the Delano 7. The Delano 7 has an atoumatic cannon which hits a target. The cannon can be disabled by firing weapons at it, but only for a short amount of time.

Sylux Logbook Scan said:
This hunter's power suit appears to be based on a Federation prototype and possesses extraordinary offensive and defensive capabilities. Sylux's weapon is the Shock Coil, a banned technology that fires charged blasts of high-density neutrinos.

Lockjaw Logbook Scan said:
Sylux's alternate form, the Lockjaw, may consist of stolen prototype Federation technology. It allows the user to transform into two tetracarbon ceramic-alloy blades joined by an energy thread. Its principal method of attack is to weave a network of explosive trip wire.

Delano 7 Logbook Scan said:
Sylux's delta-class strike fighter is believed to be a stolen federation prototype. Due to an unresolved design flaw, the autocannon can be temporarily disabled by several direct hits to the ship's hull.

Noxus:
250px-Noxus.jpg
Noxus is a bounty hunter that is searching for the 'ultimate power' to make sure that no one evil will be able to get it. Noxus' affinity weapon is the Judicator, which when used by Noxus, will create a wall of super-coolled plasma, freezing anything within that range. His alternate form is the Vhoscythe. It's mainly used as a defense. It can also be used for offense. When used as an attack, Noxus will stick a limb out and slice away at a target, and can cause a lot of damage. Noxus is the second rival hunter that wants the ultimate power for good.

Noxus Logbook Scan said:
Analysis indicates that the skin of this hunter has extraordinary insulating properties. Noxus's weapon is the Judicator, capable of a charged shot that can freeze an opponent in its tracks.

Vhoscythe Logbook Scan said:
The Vhosythe is the alternative form of the hunter Noxus. An evolutionary defense mechanism of the Vhozon species, it serves both offensive and defensive.

Hunters Manual said:
Noxus is a member of the Vhozon, a proud and reclusive race. He is determined to get the ultimate power first to prevent it from falling into the hands of lawbreakers or the unworthy.

Trace:
250px-Trace.jpg
Trace is Kriken, which is one of the most hated and feared races in the galaxy. Trace's affinity weapon is the Imperialist, which comes with a sniper that gives better accuracy. He also has a weak armor, which would give a reason to use the Imperialist. The Imperialist can be avoided if you keep moving, or if you hide behind something. When using it and being completley immoble, he can cloak himself. His alternate form is the Triskeleton, which can also be cloaked when immoble. Without warning, he will lunge at his target and deal a lot of damage.

Trace Logbook Scan said:
Scan indicates the exoskeleton of the hunter may not be as durable as it appears. This potential vulnerability may explain Trace's tactical preference for sniping. Its weapon of choice, the Imperialist, is a long-range quantum cascade laser with precision targeting.

Triskeleton Logbook Scan said:
Trace's alternate form, the Triskelion, is a sophisticated Kriken military biotechnology that allows Trace to biomorph into a three-legged war machine with a powerful lunge attack. It also features stealth cloaking enabling Trace to become invisible while immobile.

Hunters Manual said:
Trace's alternate form, the Triskelion, is a sophisticated Kriken military biotechnology that allows Trace to biomorph into a three-legged war machine with a powerful lunge attack. It also features stealth cloaking enabling Trace to become invisible while immobile.

I would say that Sylux is the best hunter, because the Shock Coils hurts enemies but heals him. He can call his ship to assist his if he's fighting, and he can hurt his enemies if he's trying to get away from them.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
When I saw the hunter videos before hunters came out, I saw Trace's video, and I thought; "That guy is so cool! I want this game now!"
I got the game, and I think it was one of the DS's best games.
I always play as Trace.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I think my favorite is probably Sylux. I like his electric weapon becauseit was one of my favorites from that game. I like the look of his suit and I especially liked the look of his ball transformations. Last I liked Sylux because of his possible cameo at the end of MP3 (possible because their is no proof that it is his ship.)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
^It's either Sylux or Dark Samus.
Samus and Dark Samus were battling, and after, there was no sign of Dark Samus' survival.
But that ship did look a lot like the Delano 7. We might learn when Metroid Prime: Hunters 2 comes out, or Metroid Prime: 4.

Pikacondon

Title.
I like Sylux's weapon and alt-form, but my best character is noxus. his fully charged ice beam SHREDS my opponents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom