• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Prime Federation Force

Dan

fywugn5.png

Well this game also looks extremely poor and a bit of a slap in the face to the prime series, a co-op game that also features a 3v3 multiplayer called Blastball.
What did you think of the gameplay in the Nintendo direct video?

D

Deleted member 14134

If the word metroid wasn't in the title I wouldn't believe that this is a metroid game. Slap to the face to all metroid fans, let Sony or Microsoft do metroid and give it the treatment it deserves.

My first reaction was "Wtf Chibi Metroid?"

The character models look absolutely terrible. It looks as bad or worse than Prime Hunters on DS.

I'm not sold on the control scheme either. The original 3DS is terrible for 3D shooters and the c-stick on the New 3DS is cramped and uncomfortable for extended use.

The one saving grace of this game might be its coop with online play.

Honestly, if Nintendo is too scared to make a console Metroid after Other, I would have liked if they returned to what they did right before Prime and released a side scrolling Metroid for 3DS.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
This is the worst trailer I've seen this E3. It had no concept, no personality, no theme. Barely any gameplay (just generic shooting). And, graphically speaking, it is ugly. Super Metroid was 16-bit and had loads more personality.

Reactions: Dan

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Why spend 50 million on a console Metroid Prime game that sells 2 million when they can spend 10 million on a Mario game that sells 10 million units?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Metroid soccer? **** YOU NINTENDO. I was furious when I saw this. FURIOUS. Absolute CRAP. Like seriously, even the most die-hard Nintendo fans couldn't defend this trash.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
SO MUCH DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!! I cannot explain the deflating I have for even seeing this.... I mean I saw rumors that there would be a new Metroid game on both 3DS and Wii U however this.... THIS IS NOT METROID! Why Nintendo.... WHY!

Even though I'm not too pleased with the direction this game is taking, it should be noted that it's being developed by Next Level Games. These guys made the Mario Strikers games for Gamecube and Wii, Punch-Out for Wii, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS. Who knows, maybe this game will still be a bit more polished before launch. I remember quite a bit of people thought Super Mario 3D World looked bland during its initial announcement trailer, but it turned out to be a fantastic game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom