• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Other M-love or Hate

so i was thinking about getting metroid other m for christmas and well i am but anyway i seen it was in the middle of the love/hate war like twilight princess.

so im not really sure what to expect.ive watched a couple of videos on walkthroughs and the game looks fantastic but i heard the controls can be a bit choppy.and the game is fairly linear and the story isnt that welll done.

this is just what i have heard so i was thiking maybe you guys could right a couple tips about the controls and maybe reviews and what not for the people who also plan on playing it. remmember i have not yet played the game yet so please dont spoil it.

also if anyones tackled hard mode which i heard you dont get any upgrades on how was it.
i for one think the story looks great and the controls look fairly simple and smooth. just need a few more opinions on the game before i get it.

onewafighter1

Turaga
I got the game a day after it came out, and I thought it was pretty good. I'll admit the story needed a LOT more work into it. The cutscenes got to be boring at some points. Control-wise, I only found one major flaw. Switching from the Normal setting, to use the Missile, where you have to point the controller at the screen. This can be really annoying if you need to move quickly. I do have one MAJOR complaint about the game, but its a Spoiler of the end and I don't want to give it away. The bosses are tough, in my opinion, and have cool designs. Graphics are pretty cool, and level design is awesome too. Overall, the game is brilliant but they made a big mistake with the Story and Missiles.

I think it's best if you form your own opinion of the game by playing it yourself without outside influence. Also, adjust your expectations accordingly, there far, FAR too many people with overly high expectation and are now making all kinds of hate speeches about the game because of it.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
My personal opinion, I think it's an okay game. I actually like the controls, but sometimes they are slow responsive or not at all. There is one battle where WMP would have made a great difference, but aside from that the controls are actually fun. Not oldschool like the advertising made many assume, but very close. Samus is always a nimble character, so it's good they finally display that skill.

It is NOT like a Metroid game, though. Think of it as a game that is using the title, character, and common things but being totally different. Like Resident Evil 4 & 5 use RE chars and biohazardous materials, but the style is not RE at all. Or how Twilight Princess has Link, Zelda, and Ganon, but it does not use the past fairytale-like feeling and is instead dark and somewhat sci-fi. Like these, Metroid Other M uses Samus and old enemies/characters, but is different overall from the series.

Many people like the game. I enjoyed it enough to rent it, but I regret paying money to purchase it. I personally did not like the character warp of Samus. It would not have bothered me so much if they had not taken away the feeling of isolation and exploration, but they did. Those feelings are gone, and backtracking isn't truly experienced until the very end of the game.

It is also very easy. Difficulty isn't an option until you finish the game. I wanted to play on Hard mode, but after beating I had no desire to play Other M again for a very long time. I say my usual suggestion: RENT before you buy! If you enjoy the game, then buying will be nice. But if you buy it and dislike it, you have lost money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom