• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metascore Drops to 94, Two Mixed Reviews.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hey all. The metascore has dropped as two new reviews (both mixed) have been added. I personally don't care that much because it's great nevertheless.

Did you think these reviews brought up good points? Or do you disagree?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In this crazy world, Seth, you never know...

loljk. But speaking truthfully, the score doesn't matter because SS isn't going to get a 100 percent. If it isn't 100 percent or over, it isn't perfect in everyone's eyes. But really it only matters what the player thinks of the game, right?

that is a real downer. but SS's score has been down to 94 before and then it got back to 95, let's hope that is going to happen again

Seriously guys, who cares about avarage review scores these days. Objectively reviewing games based from a position of expertise has been replaced by a race between the many review-websites to get attention. Gamereviewing has become like parlemental politics.

The result? Avarage scores will become lower and lower during the years.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I disagree. They brought up that the series needs to change more and it just does not,changing stuff will really p*** people off. The only changes should be modernising the series more, perhaps voice acting and taking a more cinematic direction on the wii U. A spent out console is not really the best thing to put a revolutionary game on at the end of it's life. Just my thoughts on the matter.

It really annoys me that when this game was bigged up to be better than OOT that it is now the lowest rated 3d zelda, perhaps it will not be game of the year after all. If not I hope the GOTY goes to skyrim because that is also a game I feel deserves the award. I do care about average review scores because if a game can please everyone it is truly great but if it only pleases some then there are probably issues.

I disagree. They brought up that the series needs to change more and it just does not,changing stuff will really p*** people off. The only changes should be modernising the series more, perhaps voice acting and taking a more cinematic direction on the wii U. A spent out console is not really the best thing to put a revolutionary game on at the end of it's life. Just my thoughts on the matter.

It really annoys me that when this game was bigged up to be better than OOT that it is now the lowest rated 3d zelda, perhaps it will not be game of the year after all. If not I hope the GOTY goes to skyrim because that is also a game I feel deserves the award. I do care about average review scores because if a game can please everyone it is truly great but if it only pleases some then there are probably issues.
dude usually the GOTY doesn't go by Metascore (if its not the Metacritic GOTY) it has a 95% precent of getting IGN GOTY, Edge Magazine GOTY and Erugamer GOTY. i don't know abut you, but i really trust these critics.
besides, i think that SS scoring low has more to do with the WII limitations then the actual game. the sky isn't as vast as the great sea because the WII can't handle that amount of data (both the underworld and the sky), they just had to give away some stuff so it would fit the WII. and the graphics are sometimes blurry because again, the WII can't handle it. the three best games on WII- the Galaxy games and Skyward suffer from the WII's limitations. I'm sure that if Skyward was released to a stronger console, it would have gotten a 97-98 Metascore. they just had
but if SS doesn't get GOTY, i want it to go to Arkham City. That game blow me away, a lot more then Skyrim.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Zelda always has mixed reviews (especially today). There are just too many biased reviewers out there that think games need to be "realistic" or they suck (which means they're not real gamers). It's a sad fact, but it's true. Just watch. Zelda WiiU is going to have the highest score for Zelda on MetaCritic simply because it's in HD, even if the graphics aren't CoD style. I'm almost certain of this.

So you think that motion controls were not a change for the better because the game has a metacritic score one percent lower than the previous few games? In the gaming industry today, things have become stagnant. Hyper realism and gritty violence are the status quo. Thats just the way it is. Games like Zelda could never be as well received today as they were back when Ocarina came out. The industry is in a different place.

And motion controls force gamers to play their games in a different way. Today, lots of gamers don't want this. They feel perfectly comfortable in the creative rut the industry has gotten itself into. We will not truly know how revolutionary or great this game is until we have time to look back.

With the industry the way it is today, Skyward Sword was at a disadvantage for GOTY awards from the start. If you expected it to get all perfect scores and be universally loved, you were just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Majora's Cat

How about that
The lowest rated console 3D Zelda game to date. :O

Majora's Mask has a lower score than Skyward Sword on GameRankings. Also, it's apparent to me that some game critics are picking at Skyward Sword's motion controls. Don't mind these reviewers, because there are only three possibilities for their actions: 1) they want more site traffic, 2) the motion controls were not configured correctly and/or being interfered with by electronic devices, or 3) they're unfairly biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom