• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Garo

Boy Wonder
GaroXicon said:
Yeah, I've started to think a bit differently. The character in the trailer is definitely Big Boss, because some images surfaced comparing the scars in the Phantom Pain trailer to the scars in the Ground Zeroes trailer. Now, I'm pretty sure that what we're seeing is still Metal Gear Solid 5, but that, instead of Ground Zeroes being a separate game, it's like the Tanker chapter or the Virtuous Mission: it's literally the prologue to the full game Metal Gear Solid 5.

Source: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f10/mystery-behind-phantom-pain-37858.html#post600266
Dated 12/08/2012

"'Ground Zeroes' is a prologue of MGSV," Kojima said. "9 years after that event will be 'The Phantom Pain.'" Metal Gear Solid 5 comprises these two parts, much like Metal Gear Solid 2 opened with the Tanker chapter, then moved onto the Plant portion starring Raiden. "The game play demo I presented today is the opening of [The Phantom Pain] which is tutorial that starts from crawling." [Update: Contrary to what Kojima said during the GDC panel today, Konami has confirmed with Joystiq that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are indeed separate games.]

Source: 'Ground Zeroes' is the prologue portion of Metal Gear Solid 5 [update: separate games] | Joystiq

ARGH I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT.

Nevertheless, I am tremendously excited for this. I love the viral mini-game mystery that Kojima has been running for the past few months; I wish more devs would do crazy stuff like this. It isn't necessary, but it's a lot of fun to follow all the little hints and details and piece together the full picture.

Kirino

Tatakae
Here's a gameplay video, although it's mostly just Big Boss fumbling around.

[video=youtube_share;PisJDUCdPqI]http://youtu.be/PisJDUCdPqI[/video]

"Call me Ishmael"

Also, people care way too much about Hayter not voicing Big Boss.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Also, people care way too much about Hayter not voicing Big Boss.

Which is ********, he didn't voice him in MGS4.

Edit: That's got to be Psychomantis in the video. Those are clearly hallucinations, and they occurred after that figure floated through the ceiling.

Double edit: It also appears we won't have to rape the triangle button to get Snake to crawl across a hallway this time around. ;)

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Edit: That's got to be Psychomantis in the video. Those are clearly hallucinations, and they occurred after that figure floated through the ceiling.

I feel like that Psycho Mantis-like character (not sure it's Psycho Mantis yet) could be manipulating them in a way, or yeah, they could be just hallucinations.

The latest interview confirmed that you'll be playing as Big Boss the whole game, and he said that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are technically separate, Ground Zeroes being the first part, and The Phantom Pain happening after the 9 year coma. He also said that Diamond Dogs are a new organization by Big Boss, and that they replaced Hayter to do something new, which doesn't really make sense since they kept his Japanese VA.

Kirino

Tatakae
The FOX ENGINE looks absolutely stunning, and was it just me, or did they mention a character over 100 years old?

The night/day concept is also really interesting to me. Kojima mentioned that, as a hypothetical situation, at night, say you were infiltrating a base. There would be less guards than at day time. At day, it would be more heavily guarded, but much easier to see.

Kirino

Tatakae
A 24-hour time cycle... on top of what Draco mentioned...

......................This is gonna be the greatest game ever, isn't it?

It's incredibly ambitious, and Kojima said he really wants it to be his last Metal Gear game (LOL HAVEN'T HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE) so that he can transfer the series to KP and work on his own stuff.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Kojima said he really wants it to be his last Metal Gear game (LOL HAVEN'T HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE) so that he can transfer the series to KP and work on his own stuff.

lol He even mentioned he'd said that before in the interview. He actually TRIED it with Peace Walker -- it was going to be MGS5 initially -- but realized all his Kojimaletts weren't ready for it. Honestly, the same thing is probably going to happen with MGSVI (he's officially moved to Roman numerals now, V FOR VICTORY!).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I just realized something. If MGSV does indeed deal with Les Enfants Terribles, there'll be a teensy tiny problem. And by teensy tiny I mean incredibly huge. Liquid and Solid Snake were born before the events of Peace Walker, and MGSV is confirmed to take place AFTER that game. I'm pretty frickin' sure Kojima wouldn't make a rookie mistake like that... maybe Big Boss just likes comas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom